Opinions on trying again with an ex?

now, I'm not one at all to go back to an ex. I've never done it, minus one. I ended up getting together with my best friend a few years ago. we ended up living together and when we broke up, we went our separate ways. didn't even talk after that. we've gone months without talking, start talking again, and instantly fall right back into it. she just came back into my life recently. including this time, this will be our sixth or seventh time doing this. when we're good, we're fucking phenomenal. throughout our relationships, we never really lost that best friend vibe. But when we get bad, we get really bad. there's a lot more good times than bad times, but the bad times get so intense that we can't make it work, to the point we end up hating each other for a time. This is the only this girl I've ever even considered going back to, and for some reason im really fucking stuck on her.

i guess in short, my question is this... In this situation, would you give it another chance, try to just keep her close and try to find a way to remain just friends, or just terminate completely?

11

What Girls Said 1

• it hasn't worked 6 or 7 times I think that's a pretty good indication it not going to.

• The first few times were actually because of issues with our roommate kinda twisting things and putting us against each other. every other time was either outside sources getting us caught up in bullshit, or that we weren't on the same page with where we were at. It's never been just because we haven't gotten along or we were fighting about something internal in our relationship or friendship so much as issues in communication.

What Guys Said 1

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.