Does personality matter?

Hey Guys,

Have you ever came across a good looking girl ( who might be out of your league also) and then thought about talking to her and then when you had a conversation with her , you found out few things which you don't like or is a turn off. finally , you thought it was a waste of your time?

for the record, i am not talking about hooking up or casual sex. I am talking about dating and wanting a relationship.

please share experiences.

Girls really sorry. this is a guy question. I forgot to change the setting to guys only answer. I am asking about the guy's experiences.
I am just asking that did the personality of the girl changed your opinion about her? you were thinking she's so awesome looking but when opened her mouth , you were disappointed.
please share experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you are seeking for males' perspectives but I will throw one in just for the fun of it. And the answer is yes of course.

Personality stays far longer than one's outlook. Appearances change, beauty fades. Even if a person is beautiful or hot there would come a time in a relationship when they look their worst. When they are not feeling well or after a famous hangover. It doesn't matter though it's their personalities that make us stay.

I have come across a few attractive men but their personalities werent what I was into. And I left. I find intellectual connection so much more satisfying and sexy than their outside look.

• 👏👏👏👏 I salute you for your honesty. not many women will say "beauty will fade". *bowing in respect*.

• Im more of a realist and that usually means I get to overlook the genders when Im imparting an opinion. There is no point in being biased hahaha

• yeah agreed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Beauty without intelligence is like a masterpiece painted on a napkin bro. personality matters.

What Girls Said 7

• sure! hotness does not guarantee a compatible personality

• to me, personality is a big part of a relationship

• Yea it matters a lot to me, you can't bond over looks alone. Id have to vibe with them and have good compatibility, can't be with a shitty personality lol

• Yes it matters very much.

• yes it does

• why you get that happening a lot

• Yes it does

What Guys Said 15

• Personality matters more to me than physical appearance. I've been with beautiful girls but the more I got to know them the more I realised their personality was just so off putting I just couldn't continue a relationship with them. There have been girls who weren't as pretty but cute nonetheless and they have a sweet personality. But from what I've experienced I've learned that it really is that personality weighs more than the looks of a girl. With a great personality she'll charm her way into your heart.

• I've never come across a girl that's out of my league but any kind of a girl that's pretty or not personality is very important

• I have found an unappealing personally can entirely negate good looks.

• Don't care how hot the girl is but if her personality sucks I'm not wasting my time, been there done that.

• Yep. I mean appearance isn't everything but it still matters but ones personality determines whether it's worth staying with them or not.

I've had dates with women were cute or decent looking but were boring as watching paint dry or they had major issues whether it was clinginess or just batshit crazy.

• never been lucky to find a hot girl who is single, but yeah personality can be a deal breaker indeed.

• Personality is the most important thing to me.

• @realperson02... could resist into answering your question... currently I on the cusp of initiating such a relationship with a girl who seems to have personality to die for (sorry if u sound smitten). But certainly, personality plays a major part in my decision making regarding whether a relationship is worth pursuing to its logical conclusion or not. I dnt really get what else you want to infer from this question of yours apart from whether Personality is imp or not in making a relationship work or not as far ad guys are concerned, otherwise I might have been able to contribute more considering I have the good fortune of finding myself comfortable in her company more than anything, while being in the midst of one such personality driven individual.

• *... couldn't resist
      *currently I am on the cusp
      *if I sound smitten

• @realperson02... r u unable to have a decent conversation with her... I think that can be tackled if u r patient and allow her to be herself.

• no the romantic interest has ended from my side. I am just friends with her.

• Personality would be important in a relationship with a girl. I don't care how beautiful the girl is, if she doesn't have a personality that I can get behind or deal with, it will be a huge turnoff. LIke say she acts stuck up, huge turn off for me. Another one, if she gets upset at anything and makes a huge deal over it. Another one if she acts like she is always right and she gets the final say. Just a couple of personalities that I wouldn't want to deal with.

• yeah

• Personality is the deal breaker. Not kind, empathetic, or smart and that's that, moving on. As for an actual experience, I don't really have one I can think of. I've only ever had like two crushes in my life. Haven't found another girl I like either. Only one did I ask out, the other I was too young and naive to go after. In other words I was too shy and too stupid.

• Since you have mentioned the fact that it is not casual sex. I'd say bad personality is a bad person. It's a bit general but quite relatable. But I wouldn't be so hard as to 'not waste time on her' I would probably distance myself, keep minimum contact treat her as a friend, hence having one is always better than not having any.

• yeah I am not denying any friendship but my first intention went out of the window.

• Yes true. It is plausible and not at all wrong.

• It's the most important thing, in fact.

• Have to got brains to looks ratio.

• These answers are always hilarious
    Then you find out their ugly and their personality doesn't mean shit huh?