How to stop having feelings for someone?

I have very strong feelings for a girl.

How to stop them?

I need actual ways, I can't just stop them and find someone else...

Bump

Most Helpful Girl

• For now I think you should try distracting yourself from thinking about her. You could do this by focusing on your work, trying out a new hobby or sport etc. and eventually the thought of her will gradually fade.

• What if she works with me?

• Avoiding them will be no use because there may be time when you would have to work together. Also, the more you avoid, the more you'll just keep thinking about her. This means your feeling's are just going to continue to grow. If you want to get over someone you see most of the time, you must see that person and learn to accept that the relationship is not the one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Find something to do that requires some work to attain (not immediate gratification) that you enjoy doing and are excited about.

It should become a dream of sorts and something to actively pursue.

You're starting to improve if you can wake up excited to do whatever this is. With enough excitement, you'll find yourself thinking about doing this thing instead of her.

• The idea is to replace the dream of her that you fell in love with and find an alternative dream that you become just as passionate about. The dream of her will start to fade at that point.

• It could be a fitness goal, you could take some sort of new class, pursue a new hobby, whatever floats your boat. The requirement is that you fall in love with it and start building some goals (dreams) around it that require you to actively pursue them and, most of all, enjoy the pursuit.

What Girls Said 5

• Feelings unfortunately don't have a button for On/Off.
    You can't make yourself stop, but what you can do is actually give yourself some time to heal and do things you've always wanted to do. Might sound selfish, but focus on yourself. Focus on your life and stop thinking about the girl.

• The truth about having feelings is that they don't go away when you want them to. You have to distant yourself from her and give yourself to heal. Meet new people; not love interests, but people in general. Busy yourself with work and hobbies. Spend time with your family.

• Distractions help. Do other things to keep your mind off. Working out is usually a good way for me.

• You can't stop them. You have no choice but to try to like someone else. The more you focus on someone else, the more your feelings for the other person will fade

• Literally the only way I've found is to remove her/him from your life.

What Guys Said 2

• There isn't any. After a while the crush or infatuation with that person will start to fade on it's own.

• It's not fading away at all :(

• I think finding someone else is your only option