How can I get this boy to talk to me?

I've liked this guy for ages but I don't know how to talk to him, we're not in any classes together and he's a year older than me. Me and my friend sit next to/near him at lunch and he seems like a pretty chill guy except he kinda intimidates me. I wouldn't know what to say to him if we were to talk, my friends have given me some things to say to him but I'd find it pretty weird if a random girl I don't even know said "hey" and started talking to me like we were best friends, can anyone tell me what would be some good things to say and where to say them (like alone or with friends) I want to get with him so bad and I don't remember feeling like this before. Thank you Xx

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him if he'd like to go with you to a movie or some other activity. I would ask him privately. No friends because you put him on the spot and that usually results in a "NO". Do not let your friends change what is in your heart because only you should be doing that. Sometimes friends do this without realizing that is what they are doing. As far as who pays, if you are the asker, you should pay for the first time. It does not need to be expensive. Meet at McDonalds or other low cost place. If he offers, insist on going dutch. Since he is talking to you like best friends, he must have some feelings. Go for it. The worst thing that can happen is he says no. Life is unfair at times and we have to know and accept it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait for him to approach you

What Guys Said 2

• This is called a crush. If you want to act on your feelings, don't let excuses get in your way. Go up to him and say something. Start a conversation, and if it doesn't work out, oh well. At least you gave it a shot.

• just say something to start a conversation, it doesn't matter what

What Girls Said 1

• Um, you get to know people by saying hi. Push those thoughts to the back of your mind. At first, he may think you're weird but if you both stay in contact then he shouldn't.