Does online dating work for a black guy?

I am black man 25 years old, i got my shit together.
I drive a Mercedes. I make 40$ per hour as a layout pipefitter..
My best friend/ roomate is 25 Latino of Mexican descent..
We are both on the same dating site but his luck with girls is through the roof..
Everything from Latina, white, eastern, black, and even korean woman.
I've been traumatized by his success even with all the negative stereotypes about Mexicans..
Yet i can't even get a "hey"..
My profile is well done, my pictures are neat with me in suits. I have no grammar errors, and i talk as good as i can about my self on my profile..
Yet not a single reply..
I only get replies from fat white woman who are 500 pounds over.
I can't even get replies from decent black woman !
But this is the part that destroys me..
My friend who is Mexican pulled this goddess black girl and he already said he will keep her and me being black who can't even get a reply from a black girl just kick's me in the balls.
I checked the online dating stats of most desired men and that was it.. i was done at that very moment.
Are you black? Are you having this problem? ?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should try a different site.

What Girls Said 4

• How do you talk to the girls on the app? You might seem intimidating, awkward or boring. What you mention in your profile description also matters. I doubt that the majority of women care about your mercedes, and those who do aren't worth your time. Also, you got some spelling/grammar errors in this, perhaps you have them in your profile too. I don't think your skin color is the reason you are having trouble getting a date. Try changing/improving the things you can, and don't focus on something as irrelevant as race.

• I think it is hard for any man. I have a friend at work... he is a white guy in his 30s.
    We were on the same dating site. He hardly got any responses... I got several a day. That is just they way it is for guys. But dont give up. You sound like a good catch. Good luck!

• Honest truth. Black guys aren't popular in dating sites. You will do well in real life than frequenting those sites.

• Yeah but i know a lot of Mexican friends who do very well !
      Blacks end Mexican guys have the same bad stereotypes and blacks are better represented in media and yet nobody gives us any play in online dating!

• Just remember, internet is not 100% real life. Maybe 1%.

• Maybe it's how you present yourself in there what are you saying, what is he doing dif, what pics are up it could be anything

What Guys Said 7

• Lol " fat white women" that sounds about right, every time I see a successful black man with a white woman it's whale with peroxide blonde hair, meanwhile there's a group of smoking hot black women on the sidelines going "what the hell". Honestly dude I don't know why you bother with online dating, I had the same problem, half the girls are undateable or their account is non active or its a fake account seto up by the dating service to seem like there are more women, or quite frankly all the women date the same guy. I recommend you look for women at church, bars, clubs, yoga etc

• You are on the wrong site.

It is very important to use a site that has the kind of women looking for the kind of guy you are. I don't know what that site might be for you, you will have to do your own research. I do have a suggestion:
    https://www.africancupid.com/

I haven't tried it, but I have used their sister sites in the past with great success.

• I have no idea. I hate to say it, but you might be getting stereotyped as a negative/bad black man. Is your friend willing to help match you up? If not, then he's not much of a friend. Maybe talk to a life coach, and see if they can figure out why you can't find love. Do you curse a lot? That might have a little bit to do with it.

• Black guys are not an issue
    Unfortunately it's most black girls that have the most problems
    A lot of women like the dark man... just look respectable

• I don't think black even enters into the equation. Online dating just doesn't seem to work well for most guys. You have to find what works for you.

• Based on the number of profiles I've seen that say "I'm not into black guys", I'm pretty sure that his race does enter the equation lol but I'm pretty sure the guy is just ugly

• So? Let them be mad. That's still their fault. Personally I would want someone who generalizes people based on the color their skin.

• Wouldn't*

• Works for me lol pretty well too... almost every girl responds but I face my fair share of rejections, just like every guy.

• Lets see the profile bro