My friends don't like my boyfriend. Help?

Alright, I got quite a complicated situation here, so bear with me. But please help me, I'm quite lost and I'm in extreme need of advice.

So my boyfriend and I have been back together for a month. We dated for a few months earlier last year and broke up for 6 months before reuniting in late January. We had a pretty messy breakup (and a miraculous recovery) and I was really hoping that my friends would be happy for me and supportive, but some of them have been quite the opposite.

Now I know some of you think that they may dislike him because of the messy breakup, but they expressed negativity about my relationship with him when we dated the first time, so it can't be that. They always ask me things such as, "what do you even see in him?" Expressing their opinions that he is unattractive, which I find really rude. I don't find their boyfriends attractive but I don't say anything about it to them, and I think I deserve the same decency and respect that I give to them.

My friends and my boyfriend are two of the most important things in my life (obviously) and I really want for them to get along, but my friends look down on him simply because they think he's strange and unattractive. To be honest, they think he's very feminine, but they should at least give them a chance. Anyway, I can't stand to listen to them talk shit about the guy I love anymore. But I don't know how to get it through to them that I don't want to hear their negative opinions. I would say that I don't care, and that I don't care what they think, but that would be a lie. They are my friends and I value their opinions and it puts me in a very difficult place to listen to them talk about him this way.

Does anyone know how to approach this? Am I a terrible person for even being bothered by what they think about his looks? What do I do?

21

What Guys Said 1

• They are your friends
    They are NOT you
    They haven't been through what you and your boyfriend has been through, nor have they experienced the emotions you guys did
    And they were always salty anyway, maybe you spend less time with them bc you're with your boyfriend
    WHICH IS FINE
    You aren't supposed to spend more time with friends
    They talk all that shit but who's in the relationship, you or them?

Someone who talks bad on your lover isn't even your friend, it bothers you lots man :/ I mean you even posted it here

What Girls Said 2

• I use to have this friend she didn't like my boyfriend because of some stupid reasons and she use to talk bad about h I've so I told her that if you ever make anymore bad comments about the guy I love your not going to like it, because I can't bear to here anyone saying something bad about him so if your my friend you would shut up.

• If they can't except that you are happy then they aren't your friends.