Why is chivalry dead?

I liked being chivalrous on dates but girls be trippin now. Where has romance gone?

323

Most Helpful Girl

• it's this thing called feminism. yeah cause apparently people can't take someone holding the door for them. I don't know why, I don't don't get it. it's a door, calm your shit. it's not an insult it's just more convenient for both you and me so fuck it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's sad that it's dying. Conceited and a unappreciative women killed it.
    I don't like putting the blame just on women, but when it comes to this, who else is there to blame? We can't blame men, because if most women do want a chivalrous man and actually demand it, then men would be chivalrous because they know it's gonna work with the girls. But if you know you can still smash without having to put as much effort as a gentleman, then why even bother?

I'll still remain chivalrous, because it's not just about treating women right, it's also about how you treat everyone you come across in life. Being chivalrous only towards women isn't really "real" chivalry, it's just what you do to get pussy. A gentleman holds the door open for men too.

But yeah, romance and chivalry is dying.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know but I love that it's dead.

Now instead of just holding doors open or offering seats to women, men hold for other men too.
    I'm not treated like some disabled princess, it isn't just for my gender, it has become common manners. Now men can enjoy kindness of strangers too :)
    I'm pro no chivalry

• I doubt men are holding doors for other men now.

• @KingsCanWait hmm. Who knows but now there's no special treatment and I like that

• @KingsCanWait Thank God women like you still exists

• Women with a chip on their shoulder and a useless point to prove ruined it. I think it's sweet, it doesn't make me feel like less of a woman to enjoy and let a man treat me nicely, especially since I do the same in return.

What Guys Said 22

• I don't really see the point. Guys who are not chivalrous are just as successful, if not even more successful with women compared to the guys who are chivalrous.

Why put in more effort if there are other guys who are able to yield the same or better results with less effort :/

• Its around but women actual have to earn it. Rather than be rolling around from guy to guy.

• I always say that women shouldn't be expecting guys to auto pay the bill for the meal. I tell them over and over again guys pay if they enjoyed the food and the socialization. As if you prove your worth guys will without a doubt be willing spoil you rotten. But if you come out as a rotten apple guys are going to drop you like a hot potato. If the guy didn't pay the bill or payed it fast and then got his ass out asap that he probably didn't enjoy the date. Another sign that the date is going poorly is you never make it to the entrees.

• If a girl demands that her bill be payed by me its a deal breaker. I'd toss out cash and a $100 bill for the waiter. So the waiter can go on a happy day while I can just forget about that trash date.

• LMAO!!!

• I dont think it means what you think it means.
    Look up chivalry. Too many rules, very contradictory.
    Its roughly the western version of bushido, except influenced by catholicism instead of shintoism.
    After all, it is a topic that has come under attack by feminists since its very first wave.
    I dont think women like being thought of as weak and in need of protection. Maybe they dont like that the knight put his wifes safety and well being above that of all other women? Probably dont like the fact that he is required to put Religion and his King above his wife and all women in general.
    Kinda contradictory.

• Because chivalry is classed now as sexist. Simply opening a door for a lady or saying hello is classed as sexual harassment lol. If your eyes lock with a woman now if she doesn't find you attractive then your a creep for stare raping her.

• It's sad to know that it's true. Some girl I fell for replaced me with a guy who's an asshole. Dresses scummy and talks and acts like he doesn't give a fuck. Then I'm here opening doors for her, taking her on cute dates, always texting back. but nah, she chose the asshole

• Chivalry is dead because of both sides. Men nowadays think that doing things like bringing roses, holding doors open and actually making an effort to show your significant other that you love them, they consider that "gay" and think it's cool to have a side chick and not care about anything. And girls nowadays consider that whenever a guy does romantic stuff like that then he's soft and weak and would rather be with someone that treats them like crap. Our generation has a twisted view on what love and romance looks like

• there are still some chivalry in this world. but the romance went when people started thinking that marriage is a contract. but what it really is supposed to be is for the rest of life.

• romance is gone... but oddly enough, the woman still want dates paid or at least the more expensive dates paid... feminist or not lol

• One word: Feminism.

• I must live in a different world than most people. My wife is a Feminist and very against sexism, but she loves it when I'm chivalrous.

I think if I were dating and a woman had a problem with it, I'd tell her to STFU because it isn't about her.

• It isn't.

• Holding doors open to still good I think. But the pulling out the chair thing is a bit cliche, she's a big girl and doesn't need assistance with the chair.

• because feminism is a thing. you can´t have special treatment and be equal. it doesn´t work that way.

• Being a suckup and putting women above yourself isn't romantic.

• If you say hi to a woman they assume you want to fuck them, why would i even bother going out of my way to be chivalrous if they assume i only want sex anyway? It makes no sense to be chivalrous.

• give us a legitimate reason to be chivalrous :
    cdn.quotationof.com/.../bernie-macs-quotes-6.jpg

• lol chivalry is often used as a replacement word for sexism and stupidity

• Chivalry is dead, and WOMEN killed it!
    Dave Chappell

• Younger generation has probably never read or seen a movie that had chivarly implied. Lucky some got taught manners and etiqute.

• Then be chivalrous if you want to be.

You know what isn't chivalrous?

Bitching...

• really you would know!

• Oh, chivalry is sexism now. The less work the better too.

• I like the chase tho.

• Many girls will like it, don't worry.