Is this sexual harassment or assault?

I am in high school and I have a really close guy friend who I used to date and sometimes he touches my body in playful flirty ways : Holding my hand , pulling my hair, pushing me, touching my legs/thighs , and hugging me. Occasionally it feels forceful. I don't object to it and I don't feel like he's invadeing my boundaries. But I was wondering could he get in trouble for this behavior? Should I be worried?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't tell him "NO!!!" or say that you do not want him to touch you, it isn't really 'harassment' or 'assault' in most jurisdictions!
    Are you having personal issues, and 'fighting' or is he just wanting to do more than you want?
    It is EVERY woman's right to say "NO" and "STOP" and that is that!! If he continues, after that, it might be something that you could file a complaint about, or get him arrested.
    Sounds like you kind of like him, but he is going too far, sometimes. If that is the case, you need to tell him, openly, and directly, that you don't want those things now.
    It's OK to slow down, and not let the guy decide, for you!!
    It's your body, and YOU should say what you are comfortable with, and what you don't want! If he doesn't like it, then get rid of him! Find a guy that cares, and is respectful, and is willing to wait, until you are ready!
    Don't think he is the ONLY one!! Odds are that you haven't met the guy that you will really want to be with, and maybe marry!!
    Don't put up with guys that just want to use you, for their joy!! He should respect you, and treat you properly, and like you want, respecting your feelings!

Most Helpful Girl

• " I don't object to it and I don't feel like he's invadeing my boundaries." what is your question exactly? Cause you can't have a problem with it if that's what you just said.

What Guys Said 4

• No, you shouldn't be worried. It's consensual. If he continued making sexual comments after you asked him to stop, that would be harassment. If he continued touching you when you told him no, that would be assault.

• You said you did not mind so no.

• He likes you

• What kind of a stupid question is this? You said that you don't mind it, so why would he get into trouble?

What Girls Said 1

• it's all about consent. If you feel uncomfortable with it tell him to stop if he doesn't it's harassment. if he forces himself on you and you say no it's assault.