Is it a friend thing or is it a date?

My friends and I always hang out as a group, like there's five of us who always do stuff together, and we might hang out one on one between classes and stuff, but we don't arrange to do stuff but two of us.

One of these friends recently asked me if I want to go see a movie with him. Just him.

It's a movie we both want to see and the rest of our friends aren't interested in, so maybe it's just a friendly platonic thing.

But I've also been getting a bit of a vibe from him lately. So do you think it's a platonic thing, or a date thing, or is it impossible to tell without more context?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should learn to trust your instincts unless you have a track record of being wrong.

• 95% it's a date. Anyway, even if he's thinking it's not a date, it may easily turn into a date. That's the way it goes between men and women. You are talking to someone and enjoying it and then you get this feeling and wonder if the other person is feeling the same.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know, more context would be nice, but I'd say be safe about it and if you're into it as well, dress yourself up just a little bit more than usual just in case it is a date.