Are virgins naive?

I am so TIRED of being a virgin, i am 24 years old and i don't even know why but i just never gave it away as a girl... i feel like i am missing out on love and sex and one night stands and everything... or am i doing the right thing? am i a good example? or i am just naive? i feel like i am not enjoying my beauty..

I AM 24 NOT 38

414

Most Helpful Guy

• While yeah, you're definitely missing out on some fun times, it isn't all fun and games. STDs are a concern. Especially because for your gender, pregnancy is a concern. Guys can be real assholes sometimes and emotions can hurt. You're fortunate to not have had to go though that because it sucks.

I wouldn't look at it in terms of right and wrong, but you're definitely inexperienced if you're still a virgin. You don't have to go out and have one night stands (though, they can definitely be fun when everyone's on the same page), but maybe find a friend with benefits that you won't be super attached to when you or him move on.

I saw your other question about whether or not you're attractive. Girl, you're a solid 7 if not an 8. I'd probably be willing to take one for the team if I knew you in real life. Good luck.

• And use protection. I'm not even joking. PornHub has free sex education now. Check it out if you're gonna start bumping body parts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I waited until I was 22, and I wish I had waited longer. There's nothing wrong with sex, and it's not the virgin thing that worried me. It's the guy that ended up being my first. Him being my first was one of the things that kept me in an unhealthy relationship longer than it should have.

I guess what I'm saying is. Being a virgin isn't that big a deal. One night stands are kind of meh. The majority of women can't orgasm through thrusting alone (about 75%), and most men on a one night stand stick to thrusting because it's the part that pleasures them. I unfortunately had a few one night stands because I thought there was something wrong with me for not enjoying sex, and I wanted to try and fix it. Turns out I wasn't enjoying the sex because the men weren't putting any effort into it. Best sex is always when I'm in a relationship because the guy is invested in making me happy. Plus, I find the emotional connection enhances things.

But that's just me. You've just gotta do what makes you happy. If you want to wait, then wait (you're probably not missing out on much). If you're unhappy being a virgin and you find someone you want to have sex with, then have sex with them. Being a virgin or not isn't a big deal, it's just a personal choice. And only you can make the right choice for you.

What Guys Said 13

• As far as one night stands go - you're not missing out on anything. That is unless you're looking for hangover, awkward mornings and possible STDs. The best part of having a partner isn't the sex. It's having someone with you to love and be loved. Stop pressuring yourself. Nothing good will come out of it. Work on yourself and look around for a good man. Nothing worth having comes easy.

• Once given, it can never be taken back. That part of you is your most beautiful and special, do you want to give it out to lots of random perverts or just one special guy that loves you, respects you, and will stay with you forever? Also, people who do all that end up with all kinds of problems, this site makes that pretty obvious! No, really. I know couples that have stayed virgins until marriage and are completely faithful to their spouse and they have the best relationships. :)

• Well... look at the bright side... there are LOTS of sexual activities that can be done without losing your virginity. I use to think when I was younger I wanted a virgin girlfriend and get married a virgin... but what a joke! What was I thinking! I'm glad that was short lived! This being said I think it's more important to lose it in the right circumstance than the right guy... as well break ups happen and last thing you want is that right guy be the wrong guy.

• Don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin. At least you aren't like the masses. Focus on other things in life that are more important like work

• Keep your virtue. Your more likely to find a good guy as a virgin

• don't go with the one night stand rather then get a friends with benefits or a fuck buddy. even ask a normal friend if he would oblige you and help you out.

• wow it's easy for you to lose it when compared with a 24 yr old guy

• if you are sad of it it's not ok. that is the only reason to make it now different. you are important and it you are not happy change it

• You are being a good example 👍

• Well you're 38 I'd say normally it's no big deal but you're 38 so maybe try hitting up the barsssss

• Not at all, when you are ready to take that step_ only then take the plunge. x

• Jenni if you're thinking your beauty is going to waste by not being validated by your sexual endeavors or by men's attention for your body... then my dear, sex will grow to be unfulfilling to you.

Let it happen as it happens! If you want to wait until that special moment where you share a enriching experience with someone, then wait for that. That's truly a rarity these days anyway. And if you want to explore what sex is with just the casual joe at The bar, well that's fine to lol.

• I am also virgin , wats ur openion about phone sex and all... lol

What Girls Said 3

• Naiveness is a personality trait, not whether or not you're a virgin. I'm 25 and a virgin myself. Please stay a virgin until marriage. You don't understand what sex is and sex when outside of marriage is damaging. Love and sex are not the same thing. You create bonds just to break them. Sex is a bonding contract. You are doing right and being a very good example. You'll sadly be trashed talked about it by jealous people. The only one who's opinion should matter is the person you want to love and share a life with. If you feel this stuck, perhaps read this article:

family-studies.org/.../

• You are not ready yet, it's simple, it's not a crime, it's just something natural that happens, you don't have to feel like you are missing out, actually, enjoy it, because you will have enough intimacy, and you are not missing out on anything.
    Just take your time, relax, find the right guy, and enjoy your life, don't think about this at all, focus on priorities.
    Huggies <3

• Do whatever you feel will lead to minimal regrets when you're older. Will you more regret hooking up with people, or will you regret waiting so long?