I don't live with my mother, my mother lives with me. Will this make women less likely to want to be in a relationship with me?

My mother is ill with various debilitating deseases. She is still coherent and can get up and do things around the house but she is unable to work and provide for herself any more. That being said, I moved her in with me and pay for nearly all of her living expenses. The house we live in is about that of an average American house and has multiple levels so privacy would be obtainable.

Will this make women apprehensive to date me in the same regard as if it were her taking care of me? Please comment with the reason you chose your poll answer.

• It would decrease my desire to persue a serious relationship.
    12%(2)17%(3)Vote50%(1)
  • It would make no difference to me in regards to persuing a serious relationship.
    69%(11)61%(11)Vote0%(0)
  • It would increase my desire to persue a serious relationship.
    19%(3)22%(4)Vote50%(1)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• If a woman doesn't like you because of that.. that's just stupid. You are taking care of someone. Better yet she should like you more. That's your mom! It shows that you care, respect, and love your mother. That's one of the kindest things a person can do.

What Girls Said 3

• It would make no difference to me, that being said I think it will cause issues with dating. Unkess your online dating you will be explaining this to every potential woman and some will not want to deal with an ailing mother.

• It is usually one of the first things I throw on the table when I'm meeting someone and pote tially dating them. I try to throw all the things that could be potential deal breakers out there early so that no one has their time wasted. I've had 2 successful relationships while she lived with me but haven't had much luck lately so I was curious. Also we discussed that if it gets to the point where she can't be left alone that she will have to go to a home.

• I hear ya. All the more reason to make myself more desireable.

• 😉😉 that's he ticket

• I think that it is sweet because of the reason I don't find it as a turn off

• Great news to hear. She's great and helps me out so much here too. I travel a lot for work and she keeps my dog happy and healthy and keeps the place clean while I'm away so I'd say it's mutually beneficial. I have been in 2 relationships since she's lived with me and neither of them minded her living here at all because she is so nice. I was just wondering if I got lucky with them.

• Sorry to hear that.

• It is what it is. Life goes on 😊

• This is sweet, I would definitely date a guy like you

• Well I hope that I find a woman like you in my near future. 😊 thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• Yes they will. Most women (not all) want a man who does not still live with his mother. Your mother relies on you for most everything. She is ill and at some point you will have to be with your mother more and more. The women don't get excited about that because they know that means less and less time with you. You will probably have to schedule your dates or time with Mom in mind. Some women will look at you as a great son who took his ill Mom in.