Dating new guy I didn't think I'd see again, lied about living situation (32 and living at home) now on 3rd date. Is this a big issue for men?

One night I got stood up by someone I was into and got a random text from this guy who lives 1 hr away, I made a plan to go out with him. Well the date actually went really well, but honestly distance was a no for me. But he ended up asking me out again which was yesterday and he came to me this time. Again super nice guy , attractive, and seems like a really good guy. But on the first date I was insecure about being at home to pay off bills and I told him i lived a lone. I didn't think anything would happen. But he seems really into me, and me him, he would be someone I could be in a relationship with. So now this lie is making a snowball effect. Now we set up date 3 and I don't like this lie, but I'm super insecure. What is the best way to handle telling him the truth? Is this a big issue for men? Will a lie like this ruin everything? Especially it being it's so early in dating. I just don't like hiding it. Should I wait to see if things even progress before I make myself look horrible? I've learned my lesson. I need to be honest with everyone. You never know what will happen. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Since the 3rd date is the "sex date", just wait until after to tell him. Of all the women I have had sex with since I started dating, all but 2 were on the 3rd date. 1 was the 4th, and 1 was in place of a first date (long story)...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should have told him the truth already. Do it as soon as possible.

What Guys Said 4

• You've gone on two dates, tell him fast. Sooner the better.

• The contents of the lie is not the problem, the lie is...

• It's not a big issue but I think it's about time you tell him the truth... because you were ashamed of your living conditions you lied about it.

• Would this ruin his view of me? If I tell him now is it still saveable?

• He's got a great career, does well for himself. I think it already turned him off that I only have a technical degree. Not a bachelors. But I think he's more into my personality so hopefully this saves me. Do guys ever pass up girls for her financial issues?

• It happens all the time.

• Just come out with it, be upfront. Hell understand, yeah its not ideal but just being upfront and admitting a mistake is much better than keeping it hidden and it coming out later. Do it now, you have no choice :)

• I guess I'll just own it, if he's going to be harsh on me, he's probably not that into me. For something like this, say I waited until date 5, or 6 and he really really liked me... will he be more forgiving at this stage (date 5) then at date 2?

• no personally I would still forgive, but Id wonder if you're keeping anything else from me...

If you make a genuine mistake that can slightly mess with trust admit it immediately.

Its not like he's not gonna forgive. Its trivial to me at least. And your reason is completely relatable, understandable. But by keeping it hidden too long, itll be that much more of an issue.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!