Why might an ex reach out after a break up?

I've never been in a relationship before and am curious why they reach out after its over.

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is one in a long line of EXes in your future.. most people have many past relationships

What Guys Said 4

• Most of the time it regret or unexpressed emotions that they want to tell the other. Your ex knows you on. m a deeper level than most people do so it hard to just let that person go forever.

• Maybe regret?

• miss you I guess

• Maybe they miss the girl. Maybe they just want sex. Just guessing.

What Girls Said 5

• 1. Isn't over you yet so is trying to rekindle the relationship.
    2. Closure.
    3. You're friends now, and you talk because you're friends. The frequency of this depends on how close you two are as friends now.

• - Easy lay
    - Want to get back together
    - Genuinely cares about you and is checking up on you - this one is very rare though
    - Is truly over you and likes your company

• In hopes to reconcile or find closure.

• To see how you are doing. Stalk you. Probably regret leaving. Problems with current partner. Etc

• He wants sex