Why do guys only want to date me or be in a relationship? Why can't we be friends?

Most of the guys I become friends with always end up wanting to date me and be in a relationship with me. When I say no to them, they still hang out with me for a while but usually ask me out again. If I still want to remain just friends, they start to become more and more distant and spend less time with me. Why don't they want to be friends with me if they can't date me? Do they only like me as a potential girlfriend and not a friend? All of these guys always start out as friends - so does that mean our friendship in the beginning meant nothing to them?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't want to be friendzoned so they usually want to start out as your boyfriend and not as just a friend and most of us guys don't really want a girl as just a friend , you're probably very attractive also

• I see your point. But why don't you guys want girls as friends? I love having guy friends I can rely on and go to for advice.

• Yeah true but we always end up wanting it to be more since being friends with you also causes us to know you better and start to get feelings for you

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they consider you attractive. It's difficult for men to be friends with attractive chicks.

What Guys Said 4

• are you hot

if you answered yes then you have the answer to your own question

• I hope you read the entire question.
      So if a girl is hot, a guy will not value her personality or want to be friends with her?

• It doesn't mean nothing. He either is immature. He feels reject. maybe he's trying to get with someone else. Each guy is different. I am happy to be friends with a girl. If she is not interested in me. or she has a boyfriend and likes me and there's a break up later on and we get together and we break up. I will still be friends. As long as there is no back stabbing.

• Because it is painful to be "just friends" with someone you are interested in romantically, and honestly it is also a waste of time.

• Where do you find so many inexperienced guys? I guess you should change your standards in male friends a bit. At least find someone that knows the difference between friends and friendzoned suitors.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!