As a black woman I find myself attracted to white males ; Yet I deal with an inner conflict how do I overocome this?

Hello I would appreciate some input

I'm a 20 year old black woman currently in my first year of university ! and I have only had one boyfriend back in high school and our " relationship" lasted only 4 months ( this was back in 2014) and he was a black male. but before then I have always found myself attracted to "white males" and coincidently I have had a few white males interested in dating me as well but I just haven’t been able to take our interest further to the relationship level as I fear backlash and just being seen as strange and a self-hater. Therefore I would appreciate some advice on how I can deal with these inner conflicts as I would love to date and meet someone that I feel comfortable and happy with !

Thank you !

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Your late. Waaay late. Most black girls like white guys on some level or another. They own the entire world. Either you are extremely late or just seeking white male attention on this site. It's no big deal. Whether dating them openly or secretly. Who cares? I mean really. Do you. You're an adult right? Do you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Date whomever you like as long as your not bashing any other race of men. Also make sure when you are dating interracially that you're not being fetishized. Just make sure that whoever you're with love you for you and not your skin.

What Guys Said 7

• Life is too short to not pursue your dreams. You have to let go of what others think an do what is in your heart.

• Don't consider it a conflict, just consider it a normal preference.

• It's not the 60's anymore, date whoever you like. Doesn't matter what any haters think.

• I'm a 20-year-old white guy who's mostly attracted to Asian girls. My friends and family love to give me a hard time, saying I have "Yellow Fever." It used to bother me, but honestly, I don't give a shit anymore.

I don't see myself as self-hating, simply because I find Asian girls more attractive than white girls, on average. I don't think we get much of a choice when it comes to whom we're attracted to.

I guess the biggest question is, "Whom do you fear will give you this 'backlash?'"

• It's fairly common with interracial relationships, so I don't see a problem..

• I've seen plenty of interracial relationships, it's not that unusual and I also was with a black woman

• Fear of backlash from who? You can't let other people dictate your life. If you love white men then date them and be happy. Are these other people going to be there for you, comfort you and love you like a boyfriend or a possible husband would?

What Girls Said 2

• What about white guys that attract you so much?

• It's 2017 date who you want 🤘