Is this guy seeing other women?

So I met a guy through work and we've gone out on a couple dates for lunch. He said he wants to take me to dinner this weekend. I told him Friday but he said he couldn't because he's taking his mom to dinner. So he asked if I could do Saturday and I said yes.
At first I didn't think anything of it but what young guy takes his mom to dinner on a Friday night? Am I reading too much into it?
He is also pretty private. I honestly have no idea what he does outside of work and he only works part time.
He also doesn't text me very much and it often will take him a long time to text back.
We haven't talked all that much but we had a good time on our lunch dates so I'm looking forward to our Saturday date.

What are your guys' thoughts based on his behavior so far?

Updates:
So I've confirmed my gut feelings. I hadn't heard from him all day so I texted him asking if we were still going to go to dinner. He replied saying he meant to text me and tell me he wasn't feeling well but asked if I could go tomorrow. I didn't reply.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep going. You will either get your answers or it will be time to go. You might want to take the slow road sexually and reward openness when it happens..

1|0
    0|0
    • (Update) You are being played like a fish. Don't. Walk away.

• I texted him saying I'd be busy, so he says he wants to go next weekend. Still no?

• Be "busy" again and see what happens next.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, probably. Why not? It's dumb to put all eggs in 1 basket. Other than that it's just dating, not a supposedly-closed relationship. Most non-losers that can get a date do so with more than one at a time if free time permits.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I would give him the benefit of the doubt if I were you.

0|0
    0|0