How to get to know this customer I don't see very often?

there's this customer that comes into my work (a sandwhich shop) quite often. he's asked for my name and I know his, he's 19 and I'm 18. Everytime he comes in I want to talk to him, like really wanna talk to him but my managers has the worst timing always lingers around me and stand right beside me so I don't really have a chance to talk to him. I think he's interested in me and I'm definitely interested in him. He's so cute and he makes me so nervous and gives me butterflies, tbh I haven't felt that pretty much ever. All I want to do is get to know him but I don't really get the chance.
What's a way that I can tell him I'm interested but like not seem desperate or too eager? And what are good conversation starters to talk to him? I don't know what to talks to him about because like i said, I just know his name and age. Like I know NOTHING about him and it's frustrating cause I just wanna talk to him. Tips please?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• you should ask his number and text him

• I'm nervous to though. I've never had a boyfriend or asked anyone out/for their number and I'm scared to be rejected. any tips on how to ask for it causally? I'd really appreciate it.

• rejection is not a bad thing believe me. it means there is someone better out there for you but anyways just start with small talk then tell him "if you don't mind I would like to know you better. Is it okay if I ask for your number?"
      something like that