What would you do if someone called you a catfish?

So I was talking to this guy I met on SoulSwipe lol and we talked, exchanged pictures, and I even told him to download an app called in my opinion so we can video chat and he didn't want to. So he wanted to meet me in person and I told him another time because I am tired from work and didn't feel good but he insisted. We met and he said I'm a catfish because I look chubbier in person and that I looked like shit. I alway have my hair down and in pics but since it was hot and I was working I had in a messy bun. He quickly ran off and acted as if I'm the most hideous person. Yet when I talk to other people and FaceTime others I don't get called catfish and they don't say horrible things. He is the only guy who has accused me of being a catfish and I know I shouldn't be upset but I just can't believe really ran off that has never happened to me before.

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• well that was rude as fuck.
    Screw. him. he's a retard, even if you look a little different its to be expected dafuq is wrong with him...
    But i dunno, that would sting I guess. Id just go about my. life thanking my lucky stars i dont. have that bitch in my life lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry that you had this experience! Some people are just vile. It's totally fine if he wasn't attracted to you. But he didn't have to treat you the way he did.

I've been told I look better in person than my pictures. It's honestly hard to know what pictures to put up on dating profiles. No one wants to put up bad pics of themselves because then no one will message you. But if you put only really attractive pics up, then that is kind of misleading, especially if you aren't all done up all the time.

My suggestion, don't worry about this loser. He reacted badly. He could have just went on the date and then cut out after a period of time without making such a big deal. I'm sure he's no supermodel himself.

I doubt you look as horrible as he makes it sound also. Some people just have unrealistic expectations.

• Lol he wasn't all that attractive either and I'm not upset because I ft other guys and they see how I look yet still talk to me so he made a big deal of nothing.

What Guys Said 10

• Actions speak louder than words. His running off is a red flag for @ssh0le. Don't let anyone's perception dictate the way you feel about yourself, if that was my sister I would have hoped she laughed at him

• Sadly, His mother never taught him to respect girls and not to say nasty things what he have seen. He is nothing but self-center loser! He reeks too!

My advice is if he is pushy and pressured you... Its rude and deleted him permanently. I did to smart-aleck people.

• some people look very different in pictures than in reality
    either way. dont worry. just find someone else

• If i was accused online i'd send them a picture of their name written on my forehead with the caption "bitch you thought"
    If it was in real life I'd just explain to them that I'm a lot hotter in pictures bc of filters and angles lol

• Nothing, let them think what they want to think.

• Nothing

• Nothing because I wouldn't care.

• What's wrong with catfish? I have one as a pet.

• He just sounds weird saying that, how much different could you be in person? He probably used it as an excuse to leave since he didn't really like how you looked in person

What Girls Said 9

• Damn that sounds mortifying lol sorry to hear that. You don't look like shit at all.
    I've been called a catfish quite a lot online but I just take it as a compliment and don't pay much attention to it. I've met online people in real life and so far so good, never had anything negative said to me or anyone bailing.
    I can understand that you might have looked different in person than on your pic but you offered to video chat so that's somewhat on him I would say.

• i'd laugh it out

• I'd laugh.

• What a jerk, I'd be pretty ticked if someone did that. I'm sure you look fine, I wouldn't stress about it. Just spend your time focusing on someone who's worth your time.

• Wouldn't answer... I don't get easily provoked...

• he's an idiot... fuck him

• sorry to hear that. if I were you I would seriously kick his ass

• He's sounds like a superficial idiot

• I was accused of being a catfish from a guy once , but it was a manipulation tactic to get me to show more revealing pictures of myself , which I didn't

In your case , it's different though. Did you Photoshop your pictures? And were they recent ones?

Usually photos make people appear heavier than in real life, so it's unsual to look chubbier in real life compared to your photos