He broke up with me, but I feel he is keeping me close, why? am I in the friendzone?

I dated a guy I met online for a month, we only went on three dates - he broke up with me because he was unsure how to move forward and he wanted to be friends. I on the other hand always wanted more with him and progress since we got on so well with each other.

Since breaking up, he always texts me at least twice a week, always asks me to come out for drinks and meet up... but I know I shouldn't since I still like him, so I kept my distance and don't initiate conversation. I haven't seen him for three weeks now, even after 6 days of dumping me, he asked to hang out and go for drinks - which I thought was strange since I wouldn't want to hang out with the girl I dumped not long ago, if I was him.

Last night, he asked if I wanted to join for drinks with him and his mates (it was last minute and I've never met his friends before) but honestly I wasn't in the mood because I had a bad week. And I told him about it and I said 'I'm going to stop talking about my bad week, have a good Friday night' and then he said 'Whenever u wanna talk give me a call. You are too cool for me to ignore'. What does he mean I'm too cool for him to ignore me? Being called cool = no romantic feelings?

Am I really in the friends zone for good? Is he really treating me as a friend, that's why he always texts me to hang out and have drinks? Or is he keeping me around for now and doesn't want to lose me?

12

What Guys Said 2

• i geuss but why dont you hang out with him? you like him so go hang out with him

• back up booty call

What Girls Said 1

• He probably wants to have sex with you and/or he wants you use you as another option.