Ask out over email?

I want to ask this guy I met last semester out for coffee. Problem is, I haven't seen him around campus and I don't have his number. Is it weird if I ask him out over email?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need his number if you have other kind of social media like facebook.

• He has one but uses it like twice a year. We're both introverts, but he's more of an introvert than I am.

• Well, e-mail is a little weird, but if he uses it often... then it's valid. What you can't do it not doing anything about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• A little bit, but some guys like it when girls take the initiative. Try it and see where it goes. If he doesn't seem enthusiastic or start initiating on his own, I'd move on.

What Guys Said 3

• Well for me if you have not seen the guy around getting a random email from a girl I met last semester would be kind of creepy and weird. Try chatting with him a few times over email before hand. Don't just pop up out of the blue asking for a date.

• If your hot or attractive all depends if he likes you, that would be cool for him like a dream come true

• Don't ask over email... Either in person or over social media / text... And not in the first message.

What Girls Said 5

• If this is the Only way Today that you can get in Contact with him Here, dear, then send Joe a Slow Email with just a Simple "Hi" to this Guy and see First if he Replies back to you.
    I don't know how Somehow you have his Email Address but Nonetheless, it's a good Way to start the Day with a "Hey" and to Find out if he even Remembers you Here, dear.
    Good Luck. xx

• I don't know about weird but it's definitely different. I think you should go ahead and try anyway. The worst that can happen is he says no. Good luck! 😊

• That's weird as fuck.

• Dont ask out straightaway, just send a friendly email asking if his ok

• I think it's cute.