Does it matter he had sex in the past?

So I've had a crush on this guy for so long and I think he likes me too. We started talking recently and he asked me if I ever had sex and I said no because I'm religious. We are both from the same country which is conservative when it comes to having sex before marriage so I thought he would say no when I asked him but he said yes. He is 17 and I'm 16. He told me that it's not a big deal and everyone around him has done it. I don't know why but I just felt extremely bad that he had sex with another girl in the past it made me think different of him. Do you think it's normal he had sex in high school or is he a fuckboy? I really don't know if I should stop talking to him and move on :(

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you could see past it you could try working something out with him. It's not uncommon for guys to be having sex at that age, it happens a lot where I live. I don't know if it's common where you live though. It's up to you if you carry on talking to him or not

• I live in US but I moved from a different country so I don't know how things work here with that:(

• Oh okay; I'm not from the US either so I'm not sure if it's the same there as where I live

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah it's normal that he had sex, that's what people do. I don't see any problem with it at all

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he could be a f*ckboy. It looks like sex doesn't mean anything to him and I'm assuming it means something to you.

• Yeah I think so:((( I am not allowed to have sex before marriage anyways so if he doesn't accept me like that I guess it would prove that he doesn't like me the way I like him