Do you believe in Astrology?

A lot of people I met seem to ask my birthday few minutes into the conversation. For some reason I believe they want to find out my personality type to know me. But isn't it weird? I mean, I really don't know if people actually believe in Astrology in these modern times.

929

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I can't do that. I mean, I am a Virgo and I am the most disorganized/chaotic person I know. I am nowhere near practical, even my thoughts are all over the place, it sucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Astrology is pablum for uneducated people.

What Girls Said 8

• Advanced Astrology I do have some belief in. However common astrology I don't. Also despite advanced astrology (there are several schools of it from Chinese, to East Indian, and Arab) the earth changes over intervals. Its poles change it has slight differences in its distance/orbit from the sun (as do other planets used). Also satellites go up and come down. They affect natural magnetic and energy fields as well as particulates. So while Advanced Astrology might actually ring true it always has enough variance that you should take it with a grain of salt as they say.

• I'm agnostic about it. Often times I do see correlations but I don't take astrology too seriously.

• I like to believe it as a confirmation bias. But then again, I'm an aquarius guy who are too rational and scientific :p

• I'm ignostic about it. :D

• I do :/ I understand that it's not 100% accurate and never will be but so many people I know (not all) display a lot of the traits of their sign.

I'm a scorpio and i'm very jealous, extreme and possessive
    My ex is a Leo and very dramatic and emotional
    One of my ex's is an Aquarius and he was very aloof and emotionally distant.

etc...

• I'm an aquarius myself. I feel that nobody is able to understand me. And after getting dumped by a Capricorn, I realised I'm way too emotional. So much that she dismissed most of it lol

• @Mr-Kabuki you can Google for that but they are very tender hated with a strong personality. Highly emotional but cool headed. Can't write it all here.

• @Comawhite666 can you message me privately? Can't send you messages coz of my xp level here.

• Nope! It's a pseudoscience. It can always apply to aany reader. You could totally switch up any horoscopes and not only would no one notice, but it would still apply to the reader.

• It's silly nonsense.

But they're fun to read anyway 😏

• I think astrology is sometimes on point and others not so. I personally don't judge based on astrology but I still like to ask what sign people are and their birthdays.

• yes I do

• I used to be a total nonbeliever but then my best friend got super into it, and she explained to me that we have more than a sun sign and have to look at our whole "birth chart", and proceeded to send mine to me along with some info about it. Literally, mine fits me exactly lol. I would never say it's a science because it can't be proven, nor do I hold much weight to it or make decisions based on it, but it is fun to look into when you're dating someone new, or are wanting to see how compatible you are with friends, family, etc.

What Guys Said 28

• I have zero belief in Astrology.

• Obviously I don't.
    And for those that say "the description of the sign fits me perfectly". They're usually bunch of senteces that can easily fit to almost everyone, even more if we read em thinking "oh let's see who I am" (your mind tend to think what you'll read will be right even before reading it).
    It is a little bit like taking a Myers Briggs test and read the description of the one out of 16 personalities it gives in output and saying "THAT'S PERFECTLY WHO I AM". Uhm well that's not, you have something tendecially similar to a little of those things more than in the other 16.

• At least to my knowledge, astrology is completely propped up by faux science and extreme generalisations. I'm a Capricorn and the personality traits of my sign are so general that they could apply to anyone.
    I think people want to believe in it, mostly because the idea is quite fun, and so they convince themselves that they possess these traits over any others.

But of course I respect people's opinions and am happy to be proved wrong!

• It's bullshit. They tell you some unspecific statements that can apply to everyone somehow and your brain does the rest because it's tricked into seeing a pattern.

You can do an experiment. Take a horoscope, go to your astrologist friend and read three different of them, without telling which zodiac it is. Then your friend has to guess which one is his/her horoscope (pro tip: exclude the actual zodiac).
    People will only within the boundaries of statistical coincidence be able to tell their own horoscope right.

• Because even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

• Nope. I don't. But that that does not mean to say I don't use them. Very useful in cold reading someone.

• A lot of people seem to believe in astrology, I think is bullshit and it seriously makes me reconsider wheter or not I want to hang with someone if that person is so obsessed with the idea that the cosmos is there only so he can know who to date or when to play the lotery.

• In Natal Astrology - yes.
    In newspaper astrology - no.

• No I don't.

• No. But its nice history and it has led to the creation of astronomy just like how alchemy had instigated the creation of chemistry and this caused the scientific revolution. Pretty cool.

• I used to kinda but then I realized that literally anything that tries to pinpoint your personality is pure bullpoo 💩

• Well, our birthdays define our behavior and who we are. Wanna know what clothes or shoes I like, ask me for my birthday. Wanna who I want to date, ask me my birthday.

• I never 'believe" in stuff. I accept it if there's evidence in their favor. So I don't accepy Astrology as a real filed of knowledge. Now if it's just to have fun and make conversation, sure why not.

• it is interesting but i dont follow it as intensely as my girlfriend does

• astrology is pointless and meaningless, it applies to some people simply because it's design so broadly that any horoscope or trait could match any person

• Nope.

• Not at all

• nope

• I think it's possible that there is some validity to it.

• For most people it's more like a game.

• Just like many other things it gives people something to believe in.

• Yeah that shi' is real, I am Taurus and Leo but I can say I carry more of Leo's ;D

• Nope

• yes, but not entirely because I'm a Christian

• yes I do believe in it

• yes 100% but sometimes the girl or guy can be totally different then the sign

• yes I believe it absolutely

• Haha, no. I believe genes have much more to do with personality than the position of some far-away celestial bodies (that are constantly moving, due to the ever-expanding nature of the Universe) relative to our miniscule planet. Astrology is nothing more than hocus-pocus to me.