Does he possibly want to go out or did he just politely reject me?

So I'm a junior in hs, and I've been intensely crushing on this guy for the past couple weeks. I don't know him as a person yet, but for some reason, I can't stop thinking about him. I do know a lot about him though because I stalked his social media (ask. fm and Instagram) and asked about him through my friends. They all say that he's a really really kind guy, who's kind of an introvert and not very self-confident. I actually met him at Precalc tutoring a couple weeks ago, and he helped me with a concept I didn't understand, and all I could see was how good-looking I thought he was. I don't mean to be rude, but for some reason, he's never had a girlfriend and hangs out with some really nerdy guys who are into video games and stuff. I don't really mind that he's a gamer because he's such an amazing person and I really like the way he looks lol. He's the only person I could see myself with at prom. Anyway, so about 2 weeks ago, I went up to him and asked him to help me with my math hw again. He didn't remember our old tutoring session from 2 months ago, but that's ok. After that, I said hi to him a couple times a day. He always responded back, but never said hi first. I don't know what got into me yesterday, because we were all finishing up a math test after school, and just as he was heading out
I was like "can I talk to you for a sec?"
he was like "sure"
me: You seem like a really nice person, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime"
him: "maybe, I'll have to check my schedule"
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? It was a bad, super impulsive decision on my part to ask him to hangout considering we don't know each other, my guy friend who knows him said that he wishes he could get girls, so I thought he would say yes. What would you do in this situation if you were him? Is he creeped out considering we've never had a conversation besides something about math (we don't have any classes together but we have the same teacher) and I've only ever really said "hi (name)"

12

What Guys Said 2

• You said he's an introvert and shy. When you asked to hang out he probably freaked out and blurted out his standard response that he uses when his guy friends ask if he wants to do something. He's probably hating himself for saying that but he can't take it back. Guys like him need a helping hand just go up to him and ask if he wants to go to a movie or get some coffee on Saturday or Sunday. Make sure to get his number. The key is to keep after him!

• As you said that bloke is an introvert so he needs time. Keep talking to him. Ask him for coffee. Go for a quick chat with him while walking together so that he will be able to know you so that he can come out of his shell. Introvert people take time when it comes to romance but they are pretty classy and have belief in one woman for the rest of their lives.

What Girls Said 1

• politely reject