Guys, Boyfriend has me on a pedestal?

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have recently begun spending several nights in a row at each other's houses and are slowly transitioning into moving in together. I have brought a few of my items over to his place and vice versa and we are very happy with how our relationship is going. But the problem is privacy. I like having a few moments to myself throughout the day because it helps me recharge and reflect on the day's events. I'm just one of those people who values my alone time. We have been "living together" for a few months and I'm worried about embarrassing myself in front of him because of our close proximity. He mostly views me as "ladylike" and "feminine" which I would like to maintain. However, it is impossible keeping up that façade when we literally spend every waking moment together. He has no problem being with me 24/7 but I feel so exposed when he can literally see and hear everything I do. I know it sounds crazy to worry about how he perceives me since we've been dating for so long but I can't help it. He kind of has me up on a pedestal and I don't want to destroy the perfect image he has created of me in his mind. I feel like it would disappoint him in some way to see that I am a human being that makes mistakes. He thinks very highly of me (which is obviously very flattering) but I also know that I'm nowhere near perfect and just want him to humanize me a little. It doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist and am very hard on myself to begin with. How do I get him to see me as a normal girl who makes mistakes and has human moments just like everyone else? I'm tired of pretending to be someone I'm not just so I don't disappoint him. Thanks!!

What Guys Said 2

• Oh no, better dump him.

• Why would I dump him? Lol :) I'm just saying that he needs to stop thinking so highly of me because it's a lot of pressure to live up to

• think you both need a good fart in front of one another , Job done move on

• You're so silly lol :) That's not really a solution to my problem though