Why my boyfriend doesn't want me to hang out with my friend?

My boyfriend sent me a text the other day saying: "I'm not jealous, but I don't really like when you hang out with Tom. I never know what he thinks or planns. It's not that I don't trust you, I do, but I don't trust him."
And after I asked him what he meant he told me to forget it. I can't talk to him because he's away and won't get back till bext week.

This guy Tom (that he's so woried about) and I do hang out sometimes but there are always other people with us and I don't have feelings for him, neither does he for me. We are 100% just friends. I'm quite sure he likes a good friend of mine. Anyways, I really don't see why he doesn't like me hanging out with Tom, expecially when my boyfriend hangs out a lot with him as well. Why does it bother him so much? I have many guy friends and he've never said anything about any of them. Not even when I went on vacation with one of my guy friends.

Why do you think he doesn't like us hanging out? Do you think he is jealous? Is there any other reason?
I just don't get it...

Most Helpful Guy

• tom was your friend before you were with your boyfriend and he will be your friend after your boyfriend has gone

What Guys Said 1

• When I ask this question most girls avoid it. But I'm gonna go ahead and ask it again anyway - "Is he allowed to hang out with other girls"?

• Yes, he is.
      He had a party at his place few weeks ago, he invited his ex and i made no fuss about it

What Girls Said 1

• He is possessive