Would you tell your friend if you thought their girl/boyfriend was ugly?

2312

Most Helpful Girl

• I have done that. I am sort of bold. I have not told them directly that they are ugly, just that they are not my type and I wouldn't date them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not. That would be inappropriate and disrespectful. I can't even think of a single reason why I would want to tell them? To what end?

What Girls Said 22

• God, no. I had a friend say this to me about my boyfriend, my own grandma told my cousin that he wasn't attractive enough to be with me, and it pissed me right the fuck off. Not only did I get defensive over my boyfriend, but it made me sick to think that people actually thought looks were more important than the relationship itself. To be fair, my boyfriend is very attractive, people just can't seem to look past his chronic acne. Maybe it's because my mom struggled with acne for my entire life and resulted in me not seeing acne as a big deal, but it's never been something that bothered me at all. I just think it's incredibly sad that people are willing to put their vanity and shallowness before love. I love my boyfriend, I think he's the most kind and tolerant person I've ever come across. I've never met someone so open-minded and who was such a good listener. The connection I have with him is more than just physical, and it makes me sad that people look at him as the lesser one in our relationship, because they don't know his heart like I do, and I've never seen one more beautiful.

• No. Because the only thing I would see what's ugly is their heart. I don't consider anybody physically with that nasty term. If they are not physically appealing to me, then they aren't physically appealing TO ME. It has nothing to do with whom my friends chose to date. And that is just flat out rude to say in the first place. All you would end up doing to pushing your friend away and make them reconsider you as a friend. If you don't agree with whom their dating come up with better reasons. One's physical appearance is no one's business.

• I don't really see the point you know what good would that do? If your friend asks for your opinion then go ahead but otherwise just let them get on with it

• No definitely not because their taste is expectedly going to be different from mine. If asked directly what I thought, I'd just say something like, "Well, I couldn't really comment as he's not my type but if you like/love him, then go for it because that's all that matters!" and it's true too so it's a bonus.

• I wouldn't because everybody has different opinions about attractiveness, and what good would it do in the long run? I would only point out personality flaws because those can be truly damaging to a relationship.

• No, I don't see why I'd do that.

• None of my friends is dating an ugly guy, but if they did i might say you look better than him, your can do better than him

• Hell no! What kind of person would do this! Seriously! 😒 Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, and who am I to judge!

• No - just because somebody is ugly does not mean they can't be loving and compassion and intelligent and hard working.

• No. They obviously like their bf/gf for some reason other than their appearance, which I fully respect. Saying something like that would just be rude.

• I don't think that matters? I wouldn't lol it's not like I'd be the one boning him

• no way.

• Nope. They see something more in them that I can't see.

• If they ask, i wouldn't lie.

• Nope, it's none of my business what he or she is attracted to.

• No. Keep negative opinions to yourself.

• No way.

• No I wouldn't unless he was an asshole

• No, That's rude.

• Nooooo. That's not cool. Plus, I don't find anyone ugly.

• Ugly people suck

• No, I usually just say "I see you have a type..."

What Guys Said 11

• No, I don't care about their partner's looks, only if they are a good for my friend. Only care about looks for my own partner really.

• If they ask, and their mate is indeed vile hellspawn, then yes. Lying to avoid hurting someone's feelings is lame and sycophantic.

This includes if their partner isn't necessarily physically ugly, but is a disgusting creature on the inside. If they're heading towards disaster, that is a them problem and not a me problem until they ask for my help.

• No, I would never disrespect them like that.

• I would see my friends cause I found them who are not pretty would look for being similar looking with them.

• Sometimes I would for my best friend because he has dated a girl before that I thought wasn't good looking at all, and I kept it to myself until he asked me what my thoughts on how she looked. I told him as nicely as possible she isn't my type, and he told me he didn't think she was good looking anymore too. We were in 7th grade at the time and really childish.

• Yes I would and yes I have. A buddy of mine consistently hooks up with some horrible looking women and I'm not shy about recoiling in horror.

• I haven't so far and they all are. Like it takes effort to find a hot one. Plus they aren't hot themselves so...

• If they asked me, then yeah. I'll be like "She's so ugly, I won't even touch her with a stick" 😏😏😏

• never, it's not like I am going to live with her.

• No, that means he wouldn't be taking away any of the beautiful women from me dating.

• no, i would not.