Does this mean he doesn't love me?

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months and he does tell me he loves me everytime we see each other (even outside the bedroom) and very caring and affectionate towards me. He has talked about us in the future and even mentioned about maybe living together later when we are both more stable. Anyway, he then told me "please don't stop me to go to the gym. do not ask me to pick you or the gym because i would pick the gym. i have to choose myself before anyone else"
people say that when one loves another person, he/she would choose that person over anyone or anything else. is this right? does this mean he doesn't love me since he put gym as his higher priority?

• Yes he doesn't love you if he picks gym over you
    17%(2)26%(5)Vote43%(3)
  • No he does love you even if he picks gym over you
    83%(10)74%(14)Vote57%(4)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! Girl! Chill don't think much about this!!
    It will never affect your relationship! You should try to understand your boyfriend. That's really not a big deal! Accept it! And it's been 7months! Your bond obviously needs to be strengthen with time!

Even my boyfriend was like this! For him his drawing pencil and art is everything!! And I'll be more happy if he chooses his art over me!! Because it makes him HAPPY! And his relationship with are is longer than his relationship with me!

So ya understand your boyfriend! (And trust me he will always choose you in the end! It's just that for home the decision will be hard! )

What Guys Said 3

• I myself was already asked to decide between a Job (for which I did not have to move) or my then girlfriend.
    Even though I loved her very very much I decided to choose the job also because it is not a good baseline for a relationship (imho) if one of the partners starts to "blackmail".
    Needless to say I was very hurt after the breakup but I do not regret it.

• i love video games and pick it over most things (i dont have a girlfriend for that matter) anyway i dont think gym can be such a big problem. he likes to stay in shape

• I would not be with someone who would give me that ultimatum. That's the problem.

What Girls Said 3

• I think this is harmless.
    Yes, I think he loves you.
    If it something that he enjoys and its doing him good, then leave him to it.
    I mean of all the vices he could have, going to the gym a lot is not a bad one.

• That's really, really silly... like sorry but that is completely ridiculous. You can gym and love another human being. Those are 2 separate things and you are overthinking this now way more than you should. Don't pick fights when it's really not over anything valid. He does love you but he also enjoys the gym

• If he picks a majority of thing over u then he doesn't love u.