How many times a week should I talk to my boyfriend to not seem clingy?

So my boyfriend and I are in a LDR and have been for 3 months. We met during the spring of last year. So lately I will admit I have been clingy with texting and I can just feel him pulling away. How many times a week should I contact him? (i. e. Once, twice, three times) Please do not say it doesn't Matter and that it's okay to text him everyday because it isn't. I just feel like I need to pause and stop clinging because when we first started dating, it was him that constantly texted me which I didn't mind at all, but he only did that just because our relationship wasn't comfortable yet.

12

What Guys Said 2

• yes it doesn't matter how many days of the week you text him. The part that matters is how often you do it. Just said him a text in the morning, no reply maybe one mid afternoon 2-3ish, and a good night text. Now if you do this for three or four days and just no reply then he totally moved on.

• Texting is pretty easy and doesn't take much time, so every day would be fine with that. An actual phone call, maybe once or twice a week?

• He doesn't talk on the phone with me anymore and again he's pulling away when I talk to him for an hour a day. I guess it's because I don't have much to say to him then which is bad.

• No doubt, LDR do suck. If you feel you communicate too much then you need to cut back to prevent annoying him and saturating what little communication you do have with boring and benign stuff.

What Girls Said 1

• As often as you want or as often as he wants to talk to you. Everyone is different so there is no set amount. Some people like talking daily some don't.