Dating in today's world - good dating sites or other methods?

I have been away from this board from quite some time, but I have need of an answer to this question / situation. I have a 19 year old son. He is having issues finding somebody to meet, friendship, date, etc. He has tried match. com, but it has turned out to be a real bust. Has anybody had any particular luck with dating sites or other sources to meet girls?
He is a freshman in college, but the social life at college has turned out to be something of a bust as well (that's a long story that I won't go into here).
He is not looking for a hook-up or other simple encounter. He would rather meet somebody and get involved with.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

13

Most Helpful Girl

• he needs to meet girls in person

Most Helpful Guy

• He is still young. Some just are late bloomers. I would advice against dating sites under 30 Most girls just are there for a confidence boost. Though things may have evolved since you yourself were young meeting a girl face to face still is the best. Also settling down is done a lot later now then it was in the past. I wouldn't worry about him until he get in his late 20s.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• I'm assuming he didn't win the genetic lottery. If his studies will guarantee him a high income career, doctor, lawyer, engineer, he will have no problem finding a date after he makes a high income. In the meantime, tell your son to hit the gym to boost his confidence and he might meet a girl in the real world because of his potential.

• force him to make college work because that's the best way