Why would an ex constantly ask your friends/family if you are dating?

My ex whenever he bumps into my friends or family keeps asking them if im dating or if im single. But his not talking to me. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• simply because he doesn't know what you are feeling about him now. if you meet him and speak to him , then you would get to know what is happening.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not that he wants you back or has anything to do with jealousy. Usually guys do this just to know if you have moved on. The only way it would be him wanting you back or being jealous is if they tell him yes and they see hurt in his face.

• Well this guy asked if im still dating a guy i dated after him? My friend said they were chatting about themselves, then he randomly asked that. Im just not sure what his thinking

• Probably just wondering what you were up to.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, he doesn't want to share what HE ONCE USED TO OWN, most men are like this, and he might want you back but he does not have the balls to come and ask you, maybe you should ask him, tell him why does he even care if you are dating or not if you guys are not together anymore..
    Good luck <3

• He's probably jealous or wants you back but he sounds very immature.