Is it necessary to have your life together before you enter a relationship? Why be in a relationship if you are happy alone and "don't need anyone?"?

People like to say "You should be happy on your own before you worry about a relationship" or "You have to love yourself before anyone can love you."

But, I am looking for someone who will support me through my struggles and my pain and I would do the same for him.

Is it unhealthy to want a partner to be there for me with what I am going through?

What is the motivation behind being in a relationship if you're totally satisfied being alone and you don't need anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• The point of being in a relationship in my opinion is because you want to be in a relationship. Being happy with yourself is the key to being happy in life in general. Anything else after that is just a want, I believe. I don't believe someone should get into a relationship with the idea that that other person will make them happy, because the majority of the time it doesn't work like that.

What Guys Said 2

• So I'm supposed to date an emotional girl who I have make her problems mine? And what if she's immature? What if I'm not good enough? It is better to be a girl who working on her insecurities, working on being understanding, not being shy, being open minded. Imagine a guy who is player, does drugs, hang out with the bad crowd for fun, and loved you. Would you be happy? Yeah never mind the fact that his kinks can harm you. But you should love him the way he is right?

• I do t know where the idea a man supposed to handle her problems along with being confident and a gentleman and all that if women has no responsibility in a relationship in the first place. If you name 1 thing a girl supposed to do in a relationship then I'll give you a small loan of a million dollars. Cause really girls does not have much to offer.

• I know what it feels like to go out of your way to support someone and not receive the same from them. It doesn't only happen to guys. I'm not looking for someone to carry me through life while I just sit there and receive. I would do the same for him.

• Exactly. Deep down I'm like " I'm there for other people but why can't anyone outside of family do the same." I totally agree. We just have to surround ourselves around caring people.

• I agree with you

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's unhealthy to want someone at this stage in your life. I've heard that a lot as well, but doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. If you're at a stage in your life where you're ready for a relationship and ready to let someone into your life and let down your walls then see if you can find someone worth it to have those walls break down.
    A lot of times I wish I had someone so that they could help me with what I was going through and just be there for me, but you need to get to that point in a relationship where you both are open books to one another.

• To have a successful healthy relationship it is. For fun and to fall in love.

• well i think its important to be able to help yourself before you can help someone else. you can't help him if you need help.

• People do say that but I disagree. A partner for me is supposed to complete you. Help and support you with your goals and vice versa. A partner is supposed to fill in all those little gaps and just make you the most happiest person.