I had 2 boyfriends but never really loved none of them, why?

I have 23 years and the only guy that I really felt something deeply was a guy that I used to hang out when I was 16. He was my first love and I liked him A LOT, but he didn't want to date me so he broke up and that devastate me for a long period.
After him, I dated 2 guys but never really loved them. I just liked them a little... I didn't feel butterflies or anything strong with them. And guess what... I ended up breaking up with them in a short period of time.

I'm kinda worried that I will never meet a guy who I can develop deeply feelings. It's like I lose the capacity of loving someone. I really want to find someone to love, marry and have a family.

Is this normal? :(

11

What Guys Said 1

• my story is basically the same.
    I'm sure I can love other girls. I know the reasons why I didn't love the girls I dated.
    I'm sure you can love again, just gotta find the right guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it is normal. Because I have felt this way too. I fell in love with and dated my best friend. Our relationship was intense, but we constantly fought. It didn't stop us from remaining friends though (and periodically hooking up).

For a long time, I had the exact same fear: how was I ever going to find someone that I loved/connected with as intensely as him? It took me 8 years, but it did finally happen.

So don't give up hope. These kind of people are very special and extremely rare. Cherish them.

• So glad to see I'm not the only one who passed through this.

• Yep because we start comparing people and they are never as good as the first. :/