Do women date younger guys?

I don't mind older women but I'd like to see if it goes the same for women too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they do. There's a split between somewhat younger, and a lot younger (cougar territory). A few years can mean very damn little, when you get past the teens/early 20s. The point is maturity and compatibility, and I'd say that some men are far and above others in that category by the time they're mid 20s. Some women too, but not all. So in that case, a woman a few years older might chance it. Some men have worked all of the young kid bullshit out by their mid 20s, some haven't. Same goes for women, of course.

I think the idea of an older man most likely is related to maturity, stability, etc. If you give a man a few years head start, most of the time they are more compatible as far as done with the party thing, ready for commitment, etc. Some women are not there either however, by the time they're mid 20s.

I'd also say, it depends on life experience. A man who's had long term relationships, is done with the party thing, and has a solid plan for the future can be more stable at a younger age. A woman who has done the same might be also. It's difficult, I think if one or the other hasn't had the time or experience to know what they want in life. There's kind of a split, it seems like to me, right around the mid 20s give or take a couple years. Honestly, a few years in either direction once you're past 25 or so, not a big deal at all, because you're past all the crap of drinking age, finishing deciding your career path (or at least first path, usually), and the college/party thing. You're much more likely to be at a similar place in life. And for some, it can be that they're already both past the having kids thing.

Then you have the cougars, who tend to be much older (40-50+) who are into the young 20s guys. That's a whole different set of motivations, and different in so many ways than a couple who is just a few years different in either direction. They're much more like the sugar daddies, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 22

• maybe a year or two younger than me.

• My fiance is two years younger than me. He's cute. I like him. Plus he doesn't think I'm too weird lol

• A friend of my sister's dated a guy 10 years younger than her for a while (she's 35)
    Then she got pregnant by him and suddenly decided he was too immature and completely cut him out of her life, which was kind of a bitch move, but she did seem to really like him for a while. They were cute together.

• Yes my ex was 2 years younger than me. I don't date guys who are more than 2 years younger than me though.

• I don't want to but if I see a younger guy that I really like and I don't think I can replace him I might consider it. For example I want a virgin guy who is also attractive and also intelligent and also virtuous and also humble and also hard working and also funny - if I find a guy like that and he is younger, I will consider dating a younger guy.

• Depends how young.
    I'm 24 soon to be 25 in March and my boyfriend is 20 soon to be 21 in April... 4 years is the youngest I will date.

• When I was 47 I dated a 31 year old. That is about as young as I go.

• I take everything from 20-45.
    In fact, my most recent ex is actually 5 years younger than me, we were 17 & 22 when we became a couple, lol. xD

• Jesus christ... 45... what is it with edgy girls dating men who are practically the age of their Dad... did you lack attention from your father or something? I bet you do take anything lol...

• @Anonhummus
      I don't really get that one, either, but well. It's not my decision to make.

• To put it short... the life expectancy of men is a fair bit lower... add in your husband being 15 - 25 years older you can expect to be a widow by the ages of 50 - 60.

• Yeah I do no younger than 18 though.

• i dont like younger guys. Cause to me im matured so i need someone more mature than me so i prefer older guy like older more than 5 years than me

• yeah they do. I did date guys from 18 to 23 lol

• yes, it's becoming commonplace

• I feel like ove always been attracted to older guys

• Yes. The guys that I dated have always been younger. Not by choice. I' 24 so they've never been younger than 3 years, it's all about compatibility.

• It depends on how much younger. As Mark Brandanawits once said on parks and rec... "take your age. divide it by two and then add seven. if she's that age or older your good"

• Not me

• no. I'm 17 and I think that younger boys are too shy.

• Some do. But I wouldn't. I only date older men.

• Yes ! I dont see a problem in that.

• I don't prefer young guys

• Yep, they're called cougars.

I generally stick to men in my own age bracket, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to dating someone a few years younger. Compatibility is more important.

• Yeah, some of us do date younger men.

What Guys Said 8

• You know how some young women get sugar daddies well thats a thing for guys as well.
    Depressing as it is with age we have a host of things likely things that may well effect us ED, potbelly's , very pronounced balding , ear hair, wrinkles and getting more set in our ways.
    With age where normally more stable and should know what where doing better but our bodies generally slowly go down hill from about my age and women do care about that plus more of the guys their age are taken so if there looking for something more casual they may even prefer younger guys.

• A few do, but most women find maturity and stability attractive, which means the younger guys are at a disadvantage.

• I dated with a chick who was 2 year older than me when I was in high school. I won't date more than that.

• Less common but yes

• No..

• I once dated a 30 year old girl when I was 20 I am now 24.

• Your short and simple answer? No. Younger guys tend to have less wealth.

• Not usually. Makes women look even older if they date younger guy.