Do dominating and career minded women scare away men?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't scare me in the slightest, but we'd be too incompatible as lovers if they have a dominant mindset.

I have some good female friends in this category, but we would not be compatible. Pitting two dominant people side-by-side is usually not a good recipe for a healthy relationship.

Most of them are older and date younger guys who are submissive and kind of tag alongside of them. That works well for them.

• Ok my user names not going to do me any favours at this time... however, I'm
      Dominant in the work place but submissive at home because when I get to a happy place I'm tired of being in charge and I just want to chill
      And let life happen.

• @wittymilf That's somewhat the case with my wife, though I'm not sure she's really "dominant" but she is the leader at her workplace. She's one of those calm and empathetic types of leaders adored by those who follow, but complains to me from time to time about being in a leadership position, especially when she has to fire someone. She's not the most assertive type (more a listener than a talker) and sometimes too gentle for her own good. I'm very compatible with this type.

Most Helpful Girl

• I read the comments, some say that they don't scare them but THEY ARE NOT THEIR TYPE, others say it's a turn off, i never knew being independent is a turn off, or that there is an adequate TYPE of earning money in general.
    However, the comments convince me that THEY are scared, at least the ones that think this way. Others instead, appreciate the fact and don't mind.. and it's right, why would somebody mind?

What Guys Said 6

• They don't "scare" me they're just not my type

• I like that kind of woman as long as she is able to slow down when she is not in the working area/time.

• Most do because they are too manly and nobody likes to be bossed around. We're looking for a partner not a foreman.

• Scare no but it's a turn off. If I'm going to marry a girl well it's not going to be a career woman and I think most men feel the same.

• Dominant in what way?
    Physically and sexually dominant?

• Dominant in having things done their way! yes if a woman is dominant , she will be dominating in all aspects

• No. sorry

• Are you South indian? Lol
      Hey, prefer guys with shaved smooth everywhere?

• I have no problem with a career woman. It depends on her personality/attitude. Is she so career driven she puts it ahead of me? Is she always stressed because of it? Things like that. Same things a woman wouldn't find attractive if it's a guy.

What Girls Said 1