If the person you were dating was still living with their ex from a LTR would that be a deal breaker?

• Yes, why do you feel this way?
    68%(40)60%(55)Vote47%(15)
  • No, I'd be fine with it
    5%(3)8%(7)Vote12%(4)
  • I'd give it some time but if it didn't change I'd leave
    24%(14)30%(27)Vote41%(13)
  • Other
    3%(2)2%(2)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Guy

• Definite deal breaker. At one point they had real chemistry. If they are still living together it could be one of 2 reasons in my opinion.

1. One of them still has feelings for the other and they are trying to work it out.

2. They are financially unstable and stuck in a negative environment.

Either of those eould most likely be a deal breaker for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, just a bit weird. If they had young kids or something then I would sort of understand but it's still waaaay too close for comfort for me. Red flag and I wouldn't be ok with it at all. I get jealous as it is about exs. It would feel like she's too involved in our relationship and I'd be worried that he's going to her for advice and stuff about us. Plus I'd always be worried that he was cheating on me with her. Why and how would they still be so close?

What Guys Said 8

• That always seemed really odd to me, but it looks like some people can make this work. I've even known a person where the ex-husband fell on hard times and temporarily moved back in with his ex-wife -- and her new husband! I know that a lot of people would find these things questionable or shady, but as someone who went through a really ugly divorce, I applaud people when they're able to be mature and treat each other as human beings.

• That's really big of them, how lovely 😊 My family is the poster child for divorce... out of almost 30 couples there are only three long term married ones and two of those are on the second marriage.
      But they're all still good with their ex's - not to the extent of living with them but the doors are open and they still all come to family gatherings. It's weird, but wonderful

• That would be an immediate red flag and a massive deal breaker. I mean, I see no reason for anyone to continue living with an ex.

• Yes. I once dated a girl whose ex moved out literally the week of our first date. This was revealed to me after our first date too.

We texted a few weeks before the date and she said she was helping her roommate move then after our she revealed it was her ex of 5 years but they didn't date the last 2 months.

I was still her rebound and she acted very hot and cold with me consistently then it ended up being a huge disaster.

• C. I once met a girl. We went out. Had a great time so she invited me back to her place. We had a few drinks then she asked if I wanted to take a bath together. A big indoor tub set into the floor of her bathroom. After she filled it with water and bubbles, I got naked and hopped in while she got drinks refilled. When she came to the bathroom before getting in she closed a second door to the bathroom. I asked why and she told me she didn't want to wake her husband!

• Now that is an open marriage if I've ever heard of one. LOL.

• It was a big waterfront house, they were selling and she could afford to move until they sold. They had a pretty amicable relationship. From what I saw, he was much older then her too.

• Makes sense.

• Yes, it would be a deal breaker , to try dating someone who was living with their ex most certain.

• Di I really need to say why I voted A?

• Umm, yeah. You didn't get divorced recently wonder woman or is this just a "friend"? :rolleyes:

• nope, if I'm doing the same

What Girls Said 17

• No, I would never in life agree with that, I would just GO.. like really... leave for good.
    media.giphy.com/media/48FhEMYGWji8/giphy.gif

• Yes because that's messed up.
    Also - they'll always know them better... and try to give you advice... and it'll seem like they're a part of your relationship... when they really shouldn't be.

• Yes. Like they haven't even split yet and he's already looking to date someone? Lol. I'm not about to be someone's rebound and I'm not about to get into all that tense and awkward drama either.

• Yeah dating someone on the rebound is not worth it. Even if they're not living with their ex anymore, you'll feel like you're being compared to their ex and like you're walking on eggshells with them the whole time. Not worth it.

• Yeah.. even if they were in the process of moving out, it'd feel very much like a rebound since it's clearly pretty soon after the break up. And if it wasn't that soon after the break up I'd wonder why the fuck they were still living together - I can't think of any good reason why.

So yeah, that'd be a deal breaker for me.

• Yeah I dated a girl whose ex moved out a week before our first date though. I didn't find out till later though that her "roommate" that moved out was her ex of 5 years. Not worth it.

• If they're in the process of trying to sort themselves out to either move out of the property with their ex/the ex is doing the same, then I'll be okay with it and I'll just have to be patient and wait. If there's no intention from either the person I'm dating or the ex to move out then that's a definite deal breaker.

• Even if they were in the process of moving out or the ex just moved out, would you still wanna be their rebound?

• One of the things generally happen with being someone's rebound. They'll either go back to their ex or ditch you for someone think they think is better. Basically you're a stepping stone to them onto better things which can absolutely shatter your confidence and self esteem.

Best analogy I can come up with for dating someone on the rebound is like playing with Fire. It can be fun and exciting at first but if you're not careful, you will get burned.

• @bloodmountain1990 All valid points. Thanks :)

• I dated a dude that lived with his ex. He said not to worry about it, they were over. Fast forward 6 months and he had been cheating on me with her the entire time. They now have a baby. 😂

• Yep. Even if they're not living with the ex anymore and the ex just moved out, you still don't want to as they're on the rebound.

• definitely a deal-breaker: if he's still living with his ex, i'd definitely have my doubts about how over her he actually is.

(i once had an ex suggest that we keep living together for 'financial reasons'; i told him to fuck off, and i lived in my bff's parents' shed/rec room for 3 months instead.)

• I'd give him some time to find a new place, but yea, I'd get uncomfortable if he didn't leave when his lease was up.

• If u were to leave him/her without understanding their situation I'd say u'd be a grade A Jacka*s.(Not directed to anyone who doesn't do this shit... But if u do I'm sure there's reasons why.) I wouldn't personally because I Am understanding of one's problem I'd give them a few months before breaking ties. If u can provide emotional support hell that can help a lot! I'd offer them to stay at my place if I could as long as they have a job to help pay bills temporarily.

• yes, i wouldn't even entertain the idea

• well i hope it wouldn't be an immediate deal breaker. I still live with my ex~and another housemate but he is intending on moving out. I have absolutely no sexual/relationship interest with him anymore, i broke up with him and we're barely talking.
    However it would be a dealbreaker if they were still close, shared a room and friendly to one another and they've got no intention of either of them moving out

• A bloody big Red Flag would have hit me hard in the face, long before I considered it to be a deal breaker.

• a total deal breaker

• I voted C. It really has to do with the circumstances.

• I was living with my ex for about theee weeks after I broke up with him because the conditions for me to leave our place were not there. We would constantly fight and then have loads of crazy, hot sex. I do not mean that it must be the same with them, but I would not exclude it entirely just to not get burnt.

• I have two friends right now living with ex's and I just don't get it. They claim it's because rent is too expensive, but I'm like, how do you stand it a) and b) how can you move on from them if you're eating Cheerios together every morning.

• i wouldn't date such a person