Do you enter a relationship only if you believe you could potentially marry the person?

When considering a relationship, do you think about marriage at all? Not sure if everyone does this or no one does this or maybe certain ages of people do...

• I never think about marriage
  • I will only enter a relationship if I see potential in marrying the other person
  • I only enter a relationship for physical intimacy
    Vote C
  • Other: Please explain!
    Vote D

2013

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

I never enter a relationship for physical attraction, sex and wasting certain amount of time with an imaginary partner and then finish the relation when we got tired or switch girls when i got bored.

Relationship and sexual intercourse are connected for me. I will only enter a relation and i will only have sexual intercourse when a certain amount of trust, respect, love and emotion been established and developed.

Marriage is important to me too. I can't stand the idea of being with someone but not marry. I don't want to be a hooker. I want to carry the respectful responsible beautiful title of a husband.

I just don't see a point to be with someone if we are not suppose to establish a stable relationship and spend a committed life together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes there is no point in entering a relationship that won't last.
    On the other hand, entering a relationship that will last has it's benefits.
    The time you invest in each other, the money you spend with each other, the memories you create/have with each other, it's worth it!
    If you know your relationship won't last and if you keep trying to make it last it's just going to be a complete waist of time and energy.

No one should settle for less and that's what being in a relationship that has no future is.

What Guys Said 12

• yes. if i'm going to stay in a relationship it's because i see that person as a potential life partner. so i enter the relationship looking for that and if i don't see it then for me i'm most likely going to end the relationship

• Not marriage per se. But I only enter a relationship with a girl if I can see something real and serious develop from it.

• Yes. I'm a family oriented person. I'm not one to go from girl to girl. That doesn't cut it for me.

• I only pushed for a real serious relationship when I didn't exclude marrying that girl.
    But it was not necessarily my aim, just a possible future issue.

• dating can be fun and you can date around with tons of people until you find someone incredible that you might want to be with in marriage. but dating is the process of getting used to being romantic with people you're attracted to and also finding a marriage partner, or can be just for fun. but dating someone and already knowing you'd want to marry them seems very weird, that's treating dating as almost a pre marriage

• The last person I thought might be worth a shot was this girl on the sidewalk who looked like a younger hotter Taylor Swift. I don't recall thinking about marriage. Just, whoa...

In fact anyone who makes it past the "whoa" into rational thought just means they aren't good enough.

• I don't think that you are ever going to know if you could marry someone solely based on first impressions. To me, the whole point of dating is to make that determination. Like the saying goes, opposites attract.

• In a way, yes. But I really wouldn't phrase it like that.

• Nope but I have never fucked a girl I did not think I could stand for 18 years or could be a good mom.

• I try my best, but I never regret it I can't

• For me, yes.

• Yes as that would be the only reason to be in a relationship with someone at my age.

What Girls Said 19

• yeah. not gonna date a guy i can't see a future with.

• I see no point of being in a relationship with someone you can't see being with for the rest of your life

• Same!! I was wondering if other people view this the same way I do or not.

• I enter a relationship with an open mind to see where it goes. It takes time to figure out if a guy is marriage material or not. I can tell you i dont enter into a relationship if I believe we'll just break up.

• I've always been marriage oriented. So yeah, I only date someone I could see myself marrying.

Easy for me to say, of course, because my fiance is the third guy I dated and we're getting hitched so... that plan worked out well for me lol

• Thanks! I have been the same way :) Wasn't sure if anyone else thought this way or if I was just weird!

• Dating is different from relationship to me...
    When I decide to get exclusive with someone I am thinking in the long run.

• I'm married now but when I was dating I only dated people that I thought I could have a future with. If you know what you want and you want a husband and children in the future then there's no need to waste time with people you know you don't want to be with long term.

• being in a relationship is a good way to determine IF you could be with the person for the long run... it's like the try-outs to marriage

• Marriage isn't something I take into account when I'm dating. Sure, it's true that eventually when you're old enough, your partner would marry you. But, I'm only 18 so I think about whether this person will make me happy, motivate me to achieve my goals, and respect me as an individual. Marriage comes later, my priority is to enjoy my youth as much as i can.

• I enter relationship only when I see long-term relationship with that person

• Hell no... I don't want to get married ever. I only make it a relationship if the guy insists that we are exclusive blah blah
    When they start telling me about our future life together, I'm like too much sorry bye bye yuck

• Yes, I will only date someone if he's husband material. It's a personal choice and culture.

• not at all i consider his appearance and personality compatibility with my perception of a nice boyfriend

• I will only enter a relationship if I see potential in marrying the other person.

• I don't want to get married so no

• I enter it for friendship and intimacy. I don't always think of marriage. I have reasons actually to not think of marriage. But that aside culturally it wasn't always the main thing since many cultures have family units or relationships without marriage.

• For the most part yes. Can't say I'm thinking about marriage at the beginning of a relationship but I wouldn't still be in my 3 year relationship if I couldn't see myself with my significant other.

• no, I'm not interested in marriage. it's best to just hang out and see where it goes.

• noo not for marriage in mind

• people my age doesn't care about marriage so