Describe a "nice guy"?

Nice guys (me) , get a somewhat bad name. We are labeled as soft or not tough enough. I think that is not fair to, although society begs to differ.
So it's your turn describe characteristics of a "nice guy" is he soft is he a pushover or a yes man?

Let me know , and be honest ! :)

310

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, I tend to go for the nice guy. Dicks/douchebags are a huge turn off. Even just a hint of it and I lose interest and respect. People tell me I'm too nice all the time, and I guess that makes me kind of naïeve or a doormat (either way you call it is kind of correct) but I would rather be that than someone who is anything else. being the nice person and being vulnerable to be taken advantage of doesn't make you weak, because people who remain nice after being taken advantage of are incredibly strong for not losing their heart.

Most Helpful Guy

• A typical "nice guy" is called as such because treats other people well.. that, or he finds it difficult to say no. In general, they lack the assertive confidence, that people like to see in others. The general consensus is, that they expect to get special treatment, because of their "kindness".

What Girls Said 2

• A nice guy, my boyfriend.
    He is nice in the streets, but a bad boy under the sheets... ;)

• a caring guy

What Guys Said 9

• Never call yourself a nice guy. Nice guys get trampled on in the real world. Show kindness to people who have earned it. Be a good person. Be a dick when needed. Don't just go out and be nice to everyone. That's weak. You'll get taken advantage of. Women will say you're soft. Guys won't respect you.

• When I think of the negative kind of "nice" guy (in quotes), I think of a guy who is too eager to please.

He's not being as genuine as he thinks he's being since so much of his behavior is modified (subconsciously) to appeal to others. He tends to have a "reject' syndrome similar to a girl who is rejected a lot who thinks guys only go after "shallow bitches", e. g. He tends to likewise think girls only go after assholes. His view of the world tends to be extremely black and white and he overvalues his personality.

When I think of a genuine, compassionate kind of guy, he's different. He's not eager to please. He doesn't get upset if girls don't go after him. He's assertive but kind simultaneously.

I can paint the difference with an analogical scenario. I knew one of the negative "nice" guy types in quotes. He did kind things like wrap his jacket around girls he was crushing on. Yet watching his behavior, you can see that his whole mannerism was subservient and eager to please. He would chase after the girl he was crushing on with his jacket out in the air saying, "It's cold, please wear this!" It looked like he was her personal servant.

The strong kind of compassionate guy can still do largely the same thing and offer a girl his jacket. The difference is that he'd be walking alongside of her, not chasing her from behind, and he'd generally do this without uttering many words (maybe none at all). He maintains a sense of dignity and strength and independence in spite of his altruistic actions. From an external spectator's standpoint, such guys almost seem to be leading the girl in spite of their altruism with the girl tagging alongside of him.

It's a subtle difference but it makes all the difference to me. The "nice" guy I think about in quotes is not such a good thing. The kind guy can be strong and independent and not the slightest bit of a pushover. I avoid describing these guys as "nice" guys though since that term has become rather derogatory. I prefer to just say they are strong and compassionate.

• dead on! the "nice guy" you are talking about, only Thinks he is the nice guy. someone who has that mind set of, "nice guys finish last" and "girls only go for assholes" are really not nice at all for thinking so, and push away any girls who think the opposite.

• if you have the opportunity, change now. I've always been nice and cares for others. that's a large part of why I'm single now. you don't want to be happy for the girl of your dreams because she's happy with someone else. you want to be happy with her. you need to be strong and have passion and a purpose if you want a woman to notice or like you. even if you find a woman, if they find someone who is assertive and has motivation they will go for them and leave you. it's an entire lifestyle change, but it's worth it. people will tell you to be yourself, but that's only if yourself is who they think you should be. you should be yourself, but that only works once you've discovered who you truly are and what you're passionate about. go to college, get a job, do things that will tell you what you like and what you don't. once you've learned who you are, then be yourself. the happy, driven you that women will want. be nice, but don't be afraid of hurting others or getting hurt yourself. if you have the opportunity to talk with a woman, take it. be bold. be an asshole on occasion. if something someone says or does is against your beliefs or morals. call them out on their bullshit. I know you are worried about what a woman thinks of you and afraid of being rejected by them, but I bet you like to learn and better yourself. the only way to truly learn about what will get you a woman is to try to get a woman. talk to every woman you meet. talk to men too. the more you break out of your shell and become accustomed to chatting naturally the more friends you'll get and the more you will know about what works or doesn't work when interacting with other people and with women. be nice, but do it when it counts. don't go out of your way, or do it at the cost of your own gains. take it from a guy who knows.

• There's a difference between nice guys, self proclaimed nice guys and pushover ones.

• Don't be a nice guy. Nice guys get stepped on. Be very confident, assertive and dominant. Don't be an asshole if you don't need to be but don't be so nice either.

• it's humble person. And a humble person does not claim to be humble... maybe you're not who you think you are

• It's the same for me, I like to opendoors and help anyone when I can and people act like that a a "weak" or pathetic thing to do. But to answer your question, a "nice guy" would be anyone with the interest of others put before their own self interests.

• Me..

• pushover whiny nerd unattractive rude unconfident

• what does unattractive have to with being a nice guy?

• @CyberKnight most "nice" guys are very unattractive

• eh, that's more of a stereotype. it has more to do with our upbringing than out looks. I won't deny that unattractive fellows may be more likely to try to make up for presumed deficiencies by behaving nicer. however I've seen just as many or more that were ugly both physically and psychologically.