I just found out my recently divorced crush got engaged. I feel so heartbroken, what should I do?

I just found out this man I had a crush on for about a year got engaged. It's strange because he just got divorced last summer. When I met him last year (he's a friend of a friend) I found out he was separated, and for some reason I felt like I was so in love with him. He reminded me of my first boyfriend. Since my first boyfriend I've been so closed off and afraid of loving someone again, but for some reason when I met this guy last year I felt like all my fears disappeared. I felt like we had lots of mutual chemistry, but knowing he was going through a divorce I decided not to push it as I know many other men who have been divorced and it was very stressful for them.

We kept in touch through email, but then we lost tough.. I assume that's when he started dating that other girl. I originally thought that he was just busy and I figured I would wait to see him again whenever any of our mutual friends would have an event... I totally thought this would be okay since he recently got divorced... I REALLY didn't think he'd get into something else so quick.

In a couple of weeks I have to see him at a mutual friend's party. I was so excited to see him.. so I looked him up on FB again to make sure he's still single, and now all of a sudden his status says "engaged". I couldn't believe it. How does someone get engaged so quickly? Now I don't even want to go to this party.

I meet a lot of guys, so it's not like that will help me get over this. The past year I have met so many men but they all made me feel uncomfortable and I just remained closed off.. I didn't feel the way I felt when I met this guy. I can't force myself to open up and be comfortable with a guy... it just really depends on him. I'm just so sad now.. it's been 3 days and I can't even eat. I don't know why I'm feeling this way or how long it will take me to get over it.

I don't even know what my question is... I guess just any advice would be good as I'm so heartbroken right now.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Next time tell your new crush how you feel immediately. Snooze you lose

• I thought initiating contact with him after we met was kind of clear? Do I have to be more forward? Sucks to miss out on someone you like so much :(

• You can but be prepared for the answer. Nothing ventured nothing gained

• Okay... I guess I will have to think about it. Thank you for your advice.

• Best person for you is yet to come. Hold the fort ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Move on