What is so wrong with liking chivalry?

It seems that now liking that a guy opens the door for you, let him invite you from time to time or give you the seat in a bus is wrong. When I let a guy do things for me, people tell me that is because I think that for being a woman I must think I am better or privileged when in reality I just like when a guy takes care of me.

I still hope that my boyfriend offers to walk me home or pay for my taxi to go home but it seems that you can not do that today.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because a lot of women fight for equality and yet they still want to protest "you can't hit her, she's a girl" (not that I've hit women before, just making a point). Nothing wrong with it, some women are strong willed. There's men & there's gentlemen. The more gentleman, the better off the world would be, but it's difficult for a single mom to teach that

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with liking chivalry. Do worry about other people

What Guys Said 6

• When I am with a lady, I treat her, as a Proper Lady, and hold her hand, and open doors, and ask her permission, to kiss her goodnight.
    Nothing wrong with it, just forgotten, and these young kids don't know what it is all about, and why it can be so special!!
    I call her 'My Lady', taking her out, and she responds, with a curtsy, 'My Prince', and we have the Fantasy date, and a little bit more, that evening. . .
    Maybe now, it is just 'foreplay'?

• It's not wrong... as long as you're are a lady.
    Too many women want a chivalrous man, but swear more than a truck driver, or are easily mistaken for whores.
    If you want a gentleman, you gotta be a lady.

• If you likes an guy paying for you so much, then how like becoming an housewife as well?

• Please read my question. I did not say that I like a guy spending money on me, I said that I like the small details of chivalry that men now do not have. Read is free and not that difficult.

• You can hope for anything and find pleasure in the smallest of gestures... ant nothing wrong with liking chivalry. Simply know that chivalry comes with a price and that price is appreciation.

• Nothing wrong with it as long as you do the same for him (e. g. offer to walk him home or pay for his taxi). If you're not willing to do the same for him then it's a one-sided expectation and that is wrong.

• A lot of women like to take advantage of men's generosity so they don't get it.

What Girls Said 1

• These days everything comes down to double standards I hate it too