When should they meet your parents?

Once you start dating someone you eventually introduce them to the family. when do you think is the appropriate time to do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Any time would probably work but tell them to go casual formal. To get a good impression of the start. Also best not to slump and also to make eye contact.

• And see if they can live without the piercings If they have anything more extreme than a ear or nose piercing. As you dont want to give the old folks the wrong idea. Just emphasize that you want it to go well and you dont want your fatherly figure to have something to pick out and have an issue with. Its just a temporary thing.

• my boyfriend doesn't. I was just asking because we'd been friends for more than a year and we recently started dating so the second time we made plans he came to my place and he met my parent. so I was wondering if it was too soon or not

• Well it doesn't have to be like for a dinner just to get to know one another. And who knows plans change and the parents treat you guys to a free meal out or something just. Make sure he looks nice and treats you properly.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least a number of months. You have to feel like it's going somewhere or that it's going to last. No point introducing them your new fling.

What's the rush? What's the need?

What Guys Said 4

• well it never a set time just a feeling of how good I feel about them. Now going out the way to introducing her to my parents or hey I'm bringing my girlfriend over do you care sort of deal?

• Depends on how close you are to your parents and how much you value their opinion/approval. I have brought girlfriends home right away because my parents are cool and welcome just about everyone.

• NEVER.

• I tend to meet them the first time I pick up my date up. This way you can find out early if they're weirdos also you haven't got to worry about meeting them later on.

What Girls Said 2

• When you feel like they will be around for a long time.

• When y'all both partners talked about it and are committed in the relationship.