Is it okay to talk to more than one person?

A guy I'm only talking to CLAIMS he is not talking to any other girls. I know it's a lie because I saw some girls on his phone. Now I'm only talking to him. Is it okay if I can talk to more than one guy? Does that make me look bad?

138

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaches perspective, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you talking to more than one person. You are not in a committed relationship. As you said, the person that you're talking to is not only seeing other people but he's lying about it. Frankly, who cares if it looks bad to him when he's seeing other people and lying to you about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you haven't agreed to be exclusive, then it's perfectly okay to see multiple people.

But that he lied about it is what makes it clear he isn't worth your time.

So like, if you choose to see multiple guys, if they ask if there are other guys, just be honest. If they don't want you to see other guys, then they have to agree not to see other women. :)

• Yeah I told him I wasn't ready for a relationship. I'm gonna try and meet more people because I don't want to keep my "eggs in one basket". Lol I need more options cause this guy is def showing some red flags.

• Yeah, dishonesty is never good. Have fun dating! :)

What Guys Said 7

• no, he shouldn't control you like that, if he can freely talk to other women then there's nothing stopping you talking to other guys

• Right? We are not even in relationship. I told him I wanted to be friends. He made a comment today that's making me think. So we were talking about a fashion show and he was like, "there's gonna be fine girls." Like what the heck? I had remind him that there's gonna be guys too.

• your welcome, feel free to PM me if you want to chat :)

• Thanks so much.

• Of course you can. Doesn't matter if you are male or female. When I was married, I talked to women. No, I did not hide it. My ex trusted me.

• It's ok so long as you're up front and honest about it. If either of you are lying then no, it's not ok.

• If he's already lying to you, are you sure you want to bother with him?

• Depends on who the person is. For all you know it could be his sister, his cousin, his lesbian friend or his female friend who has a boyfriend. With regards to you on the other hand, talk to the guy a few times and see if he seems interested.

• If you both feelings you shouldn't talk to others of course

• What are you doing going through his phone?

What Girls Said 12

• Do what you feel like and not what seems right:

When you met the right guy, you're gonna settle down to him for sure.

• I'm always against the idea. If I did it I would feel guilty as hell. Someone will get hurt and that's a shit feeling.

• I know. Even though I told him I wanted to be friends first, it still kinda hurts. I don't know why I feel a little betrayed

• If he's talking to other people then you have every right to talk to others too. Until you both define what you are, then you're free to do whatever you like.

• If there's no relationship or commitment then why should he only be talking to you? He's keeping his options open, maybe you should too.

• What do you mean by talking? I know a guy with over a 100 girls on his cell phone and you know what? THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS AND NOTHING MORE!!!

• if you guys aren't officially together then I would talk to other guys, especially since you already knows he talking to other girls

• as you know, from a friendship become a relationship. as long as he's honest with you, it's not a problem. but if he's can't be trusted, don't take it easy.

• i talk to many people everyday and my guy never mentioned any objections and i would set him straight if he did i am not his slave

• If he's talking to others, you can too. If he wants you to stop, he has to stop.

If he keeps lying, you won't be able to believe anything he says.

• Of course, it is okay. If he does that, you can do it too.

• I wouldn't do that
    Its slutty

• For me and the guy I'm seeing, it just happened naturally, he chooses to just talk to me, and I talk to just him. Loyalty is very important to him and he's showed me I'm the only girl he's talking to. You guys aren't official so you can still talk to other guys I suppose if he's talking to other girls. Talk to him about it if it bothers you. Y'all do what works for y'all. He really shouldn't want to talk to other girls and vice versa. I felt weird talking to other guys that wasn't the guy I like.