Is it safe to say that he's over his ex because he doesn't have pictures of them?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. He can still have her in his heart and mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily - he could have removed them out of anger or to send her a message. Really there are so many reasons. If she is still putting posts regarding their relationship up (for people not to get involved) then chances are there is still some mess sitting around. I wouldn't want to get involved with someone who was in that position simply because being caught in the middle and being unsure of where the break up emotions are at is confusing and makes me second guess myself.
    If in doubt though, and you want to try dating him just ask - where are things at with your ex? Are you over her or are you still getting over the break up?

What Guys Said 1

• not having pictures is a good sign, unfortunately it takes more than just that to get over an ex.
    while you can get rid of paper memories the one in your head are a little harder to erase sometimes.

• Thanks they were in a long relationship. His ex is an acquaintance of mine and I didn't know him at the time they broke up, but I know there was a ton of drama going on. His ex even posted something to Facebook telling other people to stop trying to get involved. My intuition is saying he likes me. Since he is always staring at me, always trying to start a conversation with me, and when I need something he always comes through for me. there's other factors that are further convincing me, but those are the biggest.

• Okay thanks!

• good luck! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Have you asked him? I was in a similar boat, my boyfriend broke up with his long term (3 years) girlfriend, she wanted to break up, he didn't. And I didn't want to be the rebound. I asked him, he said he was over her. But I knew for sure when he made compromises for me, when he got me flowers even though it's something he wouldn't normally do because he thought it would make me happy, when he removed the stuffed animal she got him from his bed even though he likes the stuffed animal because I would be reminded of her every time I saw it when I stayed over. (I didn't ask him to get rid of it, it sits in the corner of his bedroom, on top of a bag of all of his other stuffed animals given to him by other people.) I trusted him when he said he was over her (wouldn't have dated him otherwise) but I really knew for sure when those actions backed up the words.

• We're not dating. I think we're in the awkward stage before dating. Him and his ex were in a long relationship. His ex is an acquaintance of mine and I didn't know him at the time they broke up, but I know there was a ton of drama going on. His ex even posted something to Facebook telling other people to stop trying to get involved. My intuition is saying he likes me. He is always staring at me, always trying to start a conversation with me, and when I need something he always comes through for me. There's other factors that are further convincing me, but those are the biggest.

• Okay thanks!

• Hopefully he's over his ex and will tell you so. And then later give you the actions that prove it. :)

• Not necessarily. He may have got rid of anything of sentimental value to help him move on, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't have feelings for her

I guess if he broke up with her over a year ago then it's more than likely he's over her

• okay just makingg sure. they broke up a year ago but they were together for a long time

• That's not a very reliable indicator. I mean, for all you know, he could have pictures stored in some secret place. It's not that hard to do so. But assuming he truly doesn't have pics of them, that still doesn't mean much

• That's a start, but I think the mindset/being mentally done with his ex is more evident, which unfortunately is difficult to tell for sure.

• Thanks they were in a long relationship. His ex is an acquaintance of mine and I didn't know him at the time they broke up, but I know there was a ton of drama going on. His ex even posted something to Facebook telling other people to stop trying to get involved.

• Gotcha. That must be stressful at times.