Why Don't Men Approach Me?

I'm 26, 5'6, pretty thin with a decent looking face and body. I have literally not been approached or asked on a date in years... I am on the train, on the street, in restaurants, bars and nothing. I give off a positive vibe, and I am super friendly but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• As always when this question is asked on here by people... Why don't you approach men?

• Fair enough. I am a bit shy and traditional in terms of walking up to men and trying to start a convo. I believe that in this society women that are forward are looked upon as slutty. Either way my choice not to approach them doesn't justify why they don't approach me

• Men will look at me as I have peripheral vision... but they do not ask me out, as in approach me and ask me on a date or try to strike up a conversation.

I am truthful in my description.

I try to not make eye contact, but should i start?

• Definitely start, if you are actively trying not to make eye contact, that's one of the biggest signals of disinterest a woman can give off - it's no wonder guys don't approach you. Smile and look at us.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's an incredibly rare phenomenon for someone to ask you out while you're walking, you're on the train all in all the other places that you mentioned. Even if they think that you're pretty, most people assume that you don't want to be bothered.

What Guys Said 5

• I haven't approached a girl since I met my wife. I guess you're near the age when most men you're interested in already have someone.

• Are you able to engage in adult conversation easily? Are you receptive to talk?
    Maybe check out your local churches - sometimes the guys there are really open to LTR type of relationship verses a pump and dump. [shrug]

• Put a pic up of you and I'll tell you why.

• I am on the same boat as you and nobody has asked me to date them

• A lot of men have lost interest in dating/relationships.

What Girls Said 0