Eye Contact? How important is it to you?

How do you feel when the person whom you're conversing with is scanning their surroundings instead of looking at you? How long should comfortable eye contact last? why is it so important?

21

What Girls Said 2

• For me it is important, but I grew up like that. When I talk to someone I always look them straight in the eyes and I expect people to look at me when they talk to me, otherwise I find it they have something to hide. My grandfather always said to never trust someone that can't keep eye contact. And that's just how I've always been

• It is quite important cause it shows he is listening to me and not ignoring me

What Guys Said 1

• for me eye contact isn't important unless I'm trying to give or receive direct information. So anything that involves or needs undivided attention i go full eye contact all the way. other than that it not necessary.