Why am I attracted to much older men?

I'm a 19 year old girl, and for as long as I can remember, I've only been attracted to much older men, usually men from around 45-65 years old. I've had a very happy and stable life, and am close with both of my parents (so I know it's not a 'father figure' issue). For some reason, I've just never "liked" guys my own age.. I don't if it's a maturity thing... I feel like I dress and act older than my age.. so that could have something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaches perspective, it's a maturity thing and it is easier to to visualize life starting sooner since they're already established. when people are mature beyond their years they can see a life that they want and when they look around at people in their own age range, they see a bridge too far. When they see older people, they think: established, together, attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am the same way i find older guys more caring and better lovers. you should not be concerned as many girls like older guys.

What Guys Said 15

• it is definitely a maturity, you probably want stability in a relationship and see the guys around you as too immature just want to have sex. However immaturity has no age limit. Just as you yourself are very mature for your age some guy your age could be exactly the same. Someone very old could be as immature now as he was when he was 10

• It's more common than you think (and that society likes to admit). The female psyche is drawn to the stronger, more secure males, so older guys who have life figured out tend to appeal to even young girls, even if they don't like to admit it.

Of course, turning a 'like' or an 'attraction' into a working relationship is something very different.

• The only instance i could think of that is quite similar is To do with my sister...

In the beginning she dated her age and then went to higher ages as she saw that even people older than her isn't mature enough...
    She is now dating a 36 year old and she is 22...
    Which is kindof a big difference...
    ( 14 years different )

but that is to do with maturity...

Have you dated anyone?
    and if you have...
    How long?
    Was he close to your age?
    and how was the relationship?

=======================

Those questions are so that i can understand if its a maturity issue, Personality issue or just not the right person...

• Are you sure you were never abused?

• My guess is that you have an 'old soul' and identify with older folks.

Either that or deep down you do have daddy issues and have not figured that out yet.

• whats exactly your attracted to when you meet men older than you?

• It's just your type. Like some people prefer blondes, some like athletes, I like nerds, and you just happen to to like older men. Nothing to worry about, it's just a preference, everyone has them

• Why i am i attracted to women with waist length hair? I dont know. We like what we like.

• its an instinctual thing i think, older men have more resources and can provide better

• they smexy

• it's a maturity thing. If older guy lives alone then it can be a lot of fun.

• You are not alone.. Fully 10% of youngish women really go for the 40- 65 yr old men..

• 45 is normal. 55 and older, not so much.

65? whew

• You're either daddy or goldie. One or the other.

• I experienced it a few years ago when I hung out with this 18-year-old girl and that's all she was attracted to and I was in my late 40s

What Girls Said 6

• I'm 19 and never dated boys in school that liked me. I always had crushes on guys in a high age or grade. They are older seem smarter, taller, experienced, mature, they have muscles etc. it's very normal to like older guys. I have a huge crush on 39 year old because he just extremely handsome though and he's so funny and has a big heart how could I not like him.

• Crushes are fine but getting married to a guy 20 or more years above you, it's weird.

• yes.. very well said w_brown.. pol may loke mature guys.. but then.. hv to think practically when it comes to choosing a life partner

• It's because you think it's hot that they are mature/wiser/ they can protect
    You more than a teenage boy can probably. I'm the same although 60 is too much My preference is in the early thirties

• Preferences. We all have them. Can't always explain why we like what we like.

• it may be about your pass

• Yeah I've experienced it before and have been told it has to do with maturity, since girls usually mature faster than guys we find our selves attracted to older guys

• It is your nature