What do you think about Tinder?

I have always thought that Tinder was a hookup app. I didn't think anyone used it to seriously look for dates/relationships. I mean if i was thinking about dating someone (not from meeting them on tinder) and they said they were on tinder - I would think they are only interested in getting their hole/D.
I said this to a mate over lunch yesterday and she said a friend of hers is in a relationship with someone she met on tinder (2 months in) and another friend said her sister met her husband on tinder. So clearly sometimes people want more than a ONS but I doubt it's common... what are your thoughts?

• I think tinder is basically just a hookup/ONS app
    33%(6)31%(11)Vote29%(5)
  • I have used tinder for hookups (and think it is basically just a hook up app)
    0%(0)6%(2)Vote12%(2)
  • I think it's 50/50 people looking to score/people looking for dates/relationships
    28%(5)29%(10)Vote29%(5)
  • I have used Tinder to find a BF/GF or I know someone that has
    11%(2)11%(4)Vote12%(2)
  • I would never use Tinder and disapprove of people that do
    11%(2)9%(3)Vote6%(1)
  • Other
    17%(3)14%(5)Vote12%(2)

Most Helpful Guy

• is definitely not what it used to be, now the app just looks like a hookup app. so I agree with you

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's just for hookups and one night stands.

That being said, people can develop feelings from sex.

What Guys Said 10

• Well from my experience most people go on their expecting only hook ups so that all they try and go for. I've meet several cool people off tinder and we still talk and hang out. It can be used for dating, but because of it reputation no one uses it for that

• don't know cause never used it since most people on there are either fakes or jst scammers I guess and personally if I wanna hook up with someone I rather do it straight forward with direct contact... keeps things easy n gives better idea of eachother

• I'm not a fan by the way, but I am interested, you find that you have a good hook up response in person?

• yes... it's far less complex to jst talk to someone in person then hook up over a site and the interaction in person has more value to it

• I know a guy that's in a relationship with a girl he met there. He also used it for 👉👌 It would be unappealing to hear a girl I liked was on there because I associate it with likelihood of it being morally loose or a common slut site.

• Yeah.. as you said, i find the users a bit easy... so not for me.. but I asked to get a re-education ;)

• I used it to find whatever - hookups, short flings, serious relationships.

• So you went on it with an open mind about outcome of the swipe then?
      Did you have many relationships from it?

• Oh do you guy's have POF too?
      Thanks for sharing :)

• Well, yeah... it is a Canadian company.

• Tinder was nothing but a big waste of time for me.

• Because it was just for hook ups or for another reason?

• No, because it never yielded any results.

Think its more of a platform for women to seek validation than to actually do anything, either sexual or romantic.

• Never used it so clueless

• its garbarge.

• I like it

• All online dating networks are for serial killers and hookups.

• i think people take those things too seriously

• What things?

• no, adults played it too

• 26 year olds, like my friends last year

What Girls Said 6

• I've never used Tinder, but I don't disapprove of people who do use it

• I've never used Tinder before but it does have the reputation of a hook up and one night stands. You are better off meeting the person face to face. Everyone on there is just looking for sex. It is a pointless app to use.

• It's not my jam tbh I am not into ons/casual sex/players so I'd never use it.
      I was surprised by the poll outcomes, seems that some people actually do use it for more!

• I used tinder breifly. Not a fan. Everyone's looking for sex and nothing meaningless TBH.

• I haven't used the app because of its reputation, but don't mind if others use it

• well I guess now people just use it for mainly hookups

• I always thought so but the poll says otherwise 🤔

• even when it ends up as a relationship. usually it starts from a hook up 1st. well in most cases anyway

• the 50 50 one