Should I explore this friendship into something more?

Me and this boy have been friends for 4 years. Our parents are really good friends and everyone at school wants us to date and everyone thinks we're gonna end up getting married. That being said, it causes a lot of tension between us. We keep it friendly but I feel like we both kinda know there could be something more but we don't know if it would work. When I think of him as a boyfriend I could see myself holding hands and kissing him, but could never imagine myself in a sexual situation with him. Is that kind of validation that we're just friendly? I had the idea that maybe we talk and agree to kiss and see if anything is there. I haven't told him about it yet though. But Like if we kissed and felt something then we would know that there are feelings but if we don't then we can lay all the tension to rest. Do you think that that's a good or bad idea? Please tell me what you think is going on between us and give me advice on what to do with us.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Well have any of his friends said anything to you about you guys dating? Did he flirt with you yet?

• No one can force you to like anyone. You must be true to your own heart.

What Girls Said 1

• I did that and it ended up being a huge failure. It might work for you though. If you want to give it a try, go for it. But the friendship will indeed end if your relationship fails.