Mother called me a loser for never having a girlfriend and went on this episode of why I can't find a significant other like my sisters, any advice?

I'm 21 years old and never had a girlfriend and never held a girls hand, I commute to university and I'm pretty much a nerd to be honest, my sisters on the other hand were pretty much the popular sort and they were elected to positions in school government due to this as well as having numerous relationships, this has all come to this point of my mother telling me that I have no life and that astronomy and playing video games are not Hobbys and that I'm in her words, "a loser to girls because of the way I am", I really don't know What to say to this and I just want to know how to handle this and respond?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow such a disgrace that a mother can say that. Your hobbies are real hobbies, I wouldn't listen to her, girls aren't the most important thing at the moment in your life. Maybe you can just say you want to focus on your life goals first before looking for a girlfriend, or that you're afraid they will become a distraction to your studies? Why should she compare you to your sisters?

• I don't know my dad left us and she raised us as a single parent and I resemble my dad a lot Which I think bothers her or irks her because everytime she sees me, she sees him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, that's really horrible. It's very hurtful to have an unsupportive parent. You should move out as soon as you can, or even sooner. by the way, I was about the same way, no girlfriend through college. I didn't really give

It sounds silly, but the solution for me was to just say hello. I asked people's names and just greeted them by name when I saw them next. If I forgot, I apologized and asked again. People love this. Just a simple "Hi, Janine. how was your weekend?" will work wonders.

What Girls Said 2

• Tell her "maybe if I had a mother that showed me not all girls are selfish and rude, I would have hope in women". Or tell her you're not attracted to human beings, just plants.

• you're not a loser, maybe you just haven't seen the girl that stole your heart.

What Guys Said 4

• your mother is stupid and a retard

• Tell her to fuck off

• Some people are just born to bad parents. I'm one of them.

• bruh tell your mom you need valuable information to survive as an adult and learning the many sides of a woman isn't of value yet.