How to cope with watching your crush kiss someone else in front of you?

I had liked this really shy girl a lot & it was hard to get to know her but either way we began talking & I got to know her inside out. We were really close and I guess she enjoyed my company & made plans for us to go out everywhere. We have lots of pics together. We'd go to restaurants after class for lunch. We spoke about the future. Everything felt like an adventure and I was even more attracted to her. Personality really does count for 10x more than looks because she wasn't that pretty to other guys & they were confused at the idea that I liked her & not this one or the other but she became perfect in my eyes. I remember it was Valentine's day and I wanted to surprise her so I bought her favorite chocolate and I wrote her the cutest letter on a card which took hours to perfect it. I was gonna put it inside her bag & she'd discover it on her own. The next day, I had a free class close to the end of the day & I immediately went straight down the hall toward her class. As I got there, I noticed a small group of girls that she hung out with peering inside through the door glass all excitedly and hiding behind the wooden frame. I asked them what they were looking at and they replied " Shhh. " When I looked inside, there she was, the girl that wasn't like any other girl I'd ever met that I had the biggest crush on, making out with another guy inside an empty classroom with her friends cheering from outside. All I could do was stand there silently with my heart slowly falling apart. I'll never forget one of her friends saying, "Aren't they cute?" and looking at all of us for approval and I replied with the faintest, "Yeah. I guess they are." It's been a year and I just can't seem to ever forget that exact moment. Not one of my best memories. I wish I'd never met her.

12

What Girls Said 1

• I am really sorry about that. That must have hurt like a bitch. However, you have to realize that such things are a part of life. You should have approached her earlier on, but there is no point on dwelling on that now. Stay strong, OP and move forward. You will eventually get over it.

What Guys Said 2

• Get used to it buddy. This is life. On the "Crap you have to deal with" scale this is at the bottom. Wait until a girlfriend do this, then you'll see hard stuff to deal with.

• Thanks bro for showing me that this isn't that bad at all compared to the reality of things

• Live and learn I guess... There'll be future girls and maybe you should make your move quicker if you find yourself feeling the same way. You probably won't forget it, but the frequency which you recall it will reduce with time