Is it okay if I ask the girl I'm taking to prom to pay for her share of the transport?

Is it okay if I ask the girl who I'm taking to prom to pay for her share of the transport? I've paid for her ticket and Corsage, and she isn't unemployed or financially struggling. However, I want to be a gentleman and don't want to sound like a demanding asshole. I've already spent quite a bit in preparation for prom (~$700) and this all coming from my savings, isn't very sustainable. What do you guys/girls think?
Thank you :)

21

Most Helpful Girl

• To me you have done way more than you should have.. BUT you shouldn't feel that way about yourself you did more than what most guys would. She can help herself and help you too or show you how thankful and appreciative she is.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it seems fair enough.

What Guys Said 1

• Ant no way you're getting money and the girls favor...

The only way that could have come about and be seen as acceptable is if she brought up the method of "transport" (and m8... wtf is transport... private jet? submarine? jet pack? label things appropriately).